CDET Dance Conference

2dancersmum

http://www.cdet.org.uk/latest-news/18345-dance-careers-conference-2015

Anyone going to this event on Sunday? I guess it is aimed at those applying for vocational 6th form next year and the year after.  DD and I would have loved to have attended something like this before she applied.  I don't know how well and far afield this was publicised but I only just found out about it so apologies for the very late notice.  I have no idea if any places are still available.

• Like 1

This is for 16+ and I believe it was the first one Anna. A friends DD got given an application form at MoveIt (but lost it)and had asked me if I knew about it but it was only very recently that DD was asked to perform there and I found out about it. She had very late notice as she was replacing a girl who got a contract and left college.

• Like 1

I think it was only for potential students and their parents with a separate strand of CPD running for teachers.  CDET deal with vocational training.  From what DD told me the accredited colleges took teachers and/or administrators and students with them.  Potential students took classes in the morning and then had talks and Q&A with teachers/admin people from the school while their parents had various talks and chats to find out more about the colleges, funding etc.  Existing vocational students were there only to perform at the end of the day and their audience would have been schoolchildren, parents and teachers.  There were performances from 14 colleges yesterday - a great experience for the students involved but the day was not aimed at them - they were there to represent their colleges.

• Like 1