DVDs/resources

danceafrica

Hi, my first post!

I live in a developing world country with my 11 year old daughter. We moved last year and until then my daughter had been attending a ballet school in Leeds. She is very keen to continue to improve her dancing and technique.

We are blessed to have 1:1 lessons from an amazing ballet teacher who also lives here part time, but she is also living in another country for several weeks at a time.

I/ my daughter would dearly love some recommendations for good online or DVD resources which can help her practice alone when her teacher is not around...thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Can`t help you out with your question i`m afraid. But just wanted to welcome you to the forum. What I would say is I doubt very much any practice alone without the instruction of her teacher would be a good idea. Not only does a student,especially when still young and still learning the technique need a barre to hold on to and a mirror to stand in front of,but even if they had those things in their own home,the trained eye of their dance teacher would be needed. DVD`s would be useful as a guide to learning any syllabus or to familiarise yourself with a particular step the teacher may have taught you. But I would be very cautious about anyone,especially a child, practising ballet on their own without supervision. She could,however,do things on her own to improve say,her flexibility. Again, I would ask her teacher first about specific things she could safely do on her own. Do post again though.!

Me again. I would also check out Kathryn Morgan's you tube resources. I believe she does some online classes you can access too.

Yes, my daughter watches these and finds them useful, she only practices what she has learned in class though

• Like 1