Foteini Christofilopoulou was at the dress rehearsal at Sadlers Wells, for Auf dem Gebirge hat man ein Geschrei gehört by Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch. Here are a few photos:

16950054027_28156c9a77_z.jpg
Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

16537345753_1918128fd0_z.jpg
Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch
© Foteini Christofilopoulou.

See more...
Set from DanceTabs: Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch - Auf dem Gebirge hat man ein Geschrei gehört

• Like 1

Nope, I went as well yesterday.

I thought it was truly unsettling at times, but unlike 1980 I did start to wonder what the time might be towards the end. For me, the review in The Stage sums it up quite well.

"Verdict: UK premiere for early Pina Bausch work that is equal parts terrific and tedious"

Some of the images play on repeat in my head, the threatening presence of the balloon popping man, the quite horrible forced kiss chase, the woman being lifted across the stage by 4 men (the last one for the beauty of the movement)

Edited by Coated

Some of the images play on repeat in my head, the threatening presence of the balloon popping man, the quite horrible forced kiss chase, the woman being lifted across the stage by 4 men (the last one for the beauty of the movement)

Pina Bausch specialized in striking images, for me it was the woman who stood quite still while the action swirled around her - and the Christmas trees, afterwards we had a lively argument as to whether they were real.

Some, but not all of the trees seemed to shed needles which points towards real.

Looking at Dave's photo, I can still hear the screaming and get the overall feeling of anxiety that goes with the scene of the first picture.

Not sure that I'd see this one again in a hurry - it left me a bit too overwrought at times, but quite looking forward to Ahnen

Looking at Dave's photo, I can still hear the screaming and get the overall feeling of anxiety that goes with the scene of the first picture.

Just to clarify - I posted up the pics and the link here, but Foteini took the pictures...

I went too, I enjoyed it, if that's the right word for what was at times quite unsettling. I notice the reviewer for Bachtrack gave it only 1 star! As you say, Coated, some moments genuinely menacing, the whole piece quite violent in tone, but with a sprinkling of humour.

From my seat at the top a lot of images stay in the mind, especially the 'fish out of water' moment and the canoeing lady. The 'forearm sandwich' and 'handjive' were typical Bausch. Ill give her her due, i think she came up with some truly striking theatre, which is what this was really.

I am looking forward to next week's Ahnen.