Tring CBA Auditions 2015

anondancer_15

Didn't say she was too talented!! The letter said she was talented but they couldn't offer her a place in November. Perhaps due to lack of space? Can't ever imagine tring turning down someone who is talented. Lol xx

• Like 2

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, been watching this post with great interest. Nancy21 you are right about the letters, my DD had a no for now in November, but please re - audition in May. Her friend however had one which was a straight no. I phoned and asked for feedback and was told that they definitely wanted to see my DD again in May. My friend also phoned and she was told that her daughter wasn't built for classical training, but good luck for the future. Sadly we couldn't attend the May audition, but spoke to Mary and she said they want her back to audition in November. Has anyone else not received this type of letter before?

Thanks for that info ballerinamummy, hopefully your daughter can do November. They must of liked her. my daughter wanted to audition last May but I missed the deadline, so got an audition in November. Then she was ill and couldn't go!! She finally got to audition on Sunday though, fingers crossed for all x

One nice thing with Tring they don't assess out, assessments are to decide between moving up and staying in current group. Anyone know chances of getting into Group 6? Good luck to everyone for Sunday's assessments.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell there will only be my DD and maybe one other left in group 6 come September so there will be scope for girls to be moved into that group. Otherwise my DD will get a regular private lesson ???? which has happened recently!! Best money I've ever spent on ballet!

• Like 3

Congratulations to your DDs, balletmum1979 and Petalviolet! Please let us know how they get on at Tring.

I assume the paprika stain either didn't hurt your DD's chances or was removed, Petalviolet  ;-) 

Edited by Legseleven
  • Like 3

Congratulations for the yeses and for the benefit of any 'no's' out there my dd didn't get into Tring CBA when she applied in about Year 8 or 9 but did get offer of funded place at Upper School so never say never!

• Like 7

Excellent news! Well done to the "yesses". :-)

For the "no"s, it is always worth trying again - my dd didn't get into CBA at 11 but did get into another Associate scheme - and she tried again successfully for CBA at 14. Lovely studios at Tring (despite the lack of loos!) and super teaching.

• Like 5

May I ask....do they assess out each year or is it to check current level and move accordingly?

More importantly....do you get Bourbon biscuits every week while you wait or is that just to lull auditioning parents into false sense of security?

• Like 3

Good luck everyone for tomorrow!! Hope you all move up a group or have good feedback. still no letter here for us, but we do live in rural location and post is often a few days late! We always get school reports a few days later than some of her class mates.

• Like 1