Tring CBA Auditions 2015

anondancer_15

Not sure if there's already a thread for this - couldn't seem to find it! was just wondering if anyone had applied for the Tring Classical Ballet Academy and heard anything back yet? Had an email at the beginning of this week saying info would be going out in a few days but not heard since...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Anon!  I've modified the title slightly to make it a bit clearer.

There have been quite a few threads on Tring CBA over the last couple of years relating mostly to auditions for those years.  They show up if you search on "Tring Classical Ballet" (the search facility doesn't like CBA).  Although the threads won't answer your specific query they may give you some good background information.

This is where use of the "tags" system comes into its own. I tag any threads regarding Tring CBA with the tag "CBA" - which means that if you then click on the tag, all other threads with the same tag are listed:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/tags/forums/CBA/

Janet is correct, there are LOTS of threads on CBA! If I tag this thread too, threads with the same tags will also be visible at the bottom of the page.

Today we received an email from Tring with audition times etc. obviously they were off for Easter and our application somehow slipped through the net, even though I posted it in December! She's really looking forward to it now x

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked before but can't find anything on the audition email itself- does it matter if it's tights or socks for the little ones? DD has managed to lose her good pair plus just this morning has enhanced her leotard with the addition of large paprika stain to the backside.

This bodes well.

• Like 2

Oh dear! I would always go with socks for little ones. If I remember rightly, I think Groups 1-3 wear socks in class. Not 100% sure because my dd went straight into the Senior groups.

• Like 1

Sadly me being the wide eyed innocent moon calf that I am just thrust it into a normal wash which means it's doomed.

If anyone asks.... DD was in kitchen practising her DARK ARTS of potion making (Potter fan) with yesterday's soup ingredients and what better way to clean your hands than a brief wipe....

• Like 2

Thank you - it's her first audition ever for anything and I couldn't feel more out of my league. It will be very exciting to actually be at Tring though- after lurking on this forum for so long- it will sort of bring Balletco to life! Strange to think DD's little feet will be following (however briefly) in the illustrious footsteps of some of the dancing children on here!

• Like 2

In November 2 girls from my daughters ballet school auditioned. Just checked with one of the mums, she told me they auditioned on the Sunday and had the results on the Wednesday after. Her daughter got a letter saying they felt she was talented but couldn't offer a place at the moment and to audition again, so she was there again Sunday, the other girl got a straight no letter, saying thank you, no mention of auditioning again. So it seems we are waiting for one of three letters, hopefully everyone gets a YES!!!!! xx good luck, hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

• Like 1