Birmingham Royal Ballet 2015-16 Season Announced for Birmingham

• 8 months later...

Unlike the current season I got really excited about 2015/16. I thought the way the subscription packages have been restructured was 'interesting'. However, I filled out my application and have whopped it in the post and will hope for the best.

My main regret is that Ambra Vallo left the company before she had a chance to dance Natalia Petrovna. My main hope is for Celine and Tyrone in Taming of the Shrew with Delia Matthew and Brandon Lawrence as second cast.

Two Pigeons - have you seen the publicity shot for Shrew???  Let's hope this casting happens!

https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on/event/the-taming-of-the-shrew

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

No surprises for R&J casting - Bintley has tested a few younger dancers in principal roles recently but I think Juliet is too much in demand. I am going on opening night so I'm looking forward to see Jenna Roberts again after such a long time!

I will also be going to the opening night of the Double Bill, but I'm gutted that I'm missing Laura Day as Vera, so I might have to book for the Friday as well!!

Edited: Just seen Yaoqian Shang is due to dance Juliet on tour - what a huge opportunity for her, following Odette! 

Edited by emma-cann
  • Like 1

No surprises for R&J casting - Bintley has tested a few younger dancers in principal roles recently but I think Juliet is too much in demand. I am going on opening night so I'm looking forward to see Jenna Roberts again after such a long time!

I will also be going to the opening night of the Double Bill, but I'm gutted that I'm missing Laura Day as Vera, so I might have to book for the Friday as well!!

Edited: Just seen Yaoqian Shang is due to dance Juliet on tour - what a huge opportunity for her, following Odette! 

I hope there may be some additional casts on tour.  And yes I'm absolutely thrilled about the Thursday evening cast in Birmingham!

• Like 2

I hope there may be some additional casts on tour.  And yes I'm absolutely thrilled about the Thursday evening cast in Birmingham!

Romeo and Juliet casting has been announced for the whole tour. Shang was the only surprise for me. Totally biased but I think Laura Day would be wonderful as Juliet, so I hope she gets an opportunity like that one day!

• 2 weeks later...