White lodge uniform

Bonnie2011

Mds at White Lodge does not cover uniform, (or didnt when ds was there) unless you fell under a certain income threshold which we didnt.

Tring MDS was far more generous and we got uniform allowance too. It varies from school to school what MDS covers.

We had the same experience at WL in that our MDS didn't cover uniform (although I think some people could claim - there was something to tick on the application form asking if you wanted it - which we did - but we didn't qualify). Then my son went to Elmhurst in year 10 and we had about £600 a year to "spend" (because the fees were slightly lower I believe)

I would factor in £300-£500 a term for trips/uniform etc - i think if your household income is below a threshold though you might be able to claim some back.  The girls pointe shoes are about £30 each and they can get through an average of six of those a term - the worst I heard of was 13 pairs a term!  I am sure that you can contact the school if this level of expenditure is not possible for you - I am sure that they will be very helpful in assisting you if they can.

I did hear that at Elmhurst a uniform allowance is built into the MDS whatever your income but WL is different.

The MDS Uniform allowence at Elmhurst is around £600 , which is more than adequate for a boy when you have made the inital outlay , unless they grow very fast , or loose their taps shows etc. I think the girls parents struggle to stay within that with the more expensive pointe shoes and tights !

The Formal uniform is often avaliable second hand from students who have grown out of it as it's not frequently worn and therefore in good condition !

Edited by Billyelliott

Twoballerinas, don't panic ! As others have said, contact the school (or post on this forum) as there may be 2nd hand uniform available. Obviously shoes /tights are a different matter, but every little helps ! x

I look at it this way.

If your child was going to a state comprehensive school you would still have lots of expensive uniform to buy. Most schools are specific styles with logos these days & the PE kits have to have everything with a logo - it's not like primary.

I am budgeting around £200 for ds due to go into year 7 in sept.

• Like 2

I remember that buying ds entire academic uniform for WL cost less than one blazer at the state school we were trying to get him into!

Enjoy kitting out your dd! Not many get a WL uniform..exciting times.

And there may well be a magic moment in 10 years time when you can buy your dc a well earned drink after a show without checking that you can afford it first!

At long last I dont have to work 7 days a week but Id do it all again.

• Like 4

I found my son's old WL blazer and tracksuit while clearing out the other day. Happy memories. And hfbrew is right, it's tough for a few years but you come out the other side eventually and end up spending your money on other things (flights and tickets to watch them dance if you're lucky!!)

I do feel for those of you with daughters though - the uniform at WL and Elmhurst costs more for to their skirts I seem to remember, plus all those pointe shoes! But exciting times ahead for you x

• Like 1