The Dance Summer School, Perth

dancingboy

My daughter is a chaperone this year. There are always some boys from uk and overseas that attend. I will email ED who runs it and ask for you if you want. Great teachers again this year ;)

Hi Guesty, I hope she enjoys the chaperoning! Would be good to know so I can tell my dancing boy that there are other boys going. Thanks. Yes, the faculty look great. DB's doing the 2nd week.

Hi. I spoke to ED and he said there are a couple of boys who are interested in going but they haven't confirmed. Either way . don't worry. Your son will get excellent teaching and there are always several chaperones that are lads. It is an excellent as!

• 1 year later...

I have just joined to look for reviews on this, I have a (almost) 11 year old son who is keen to go. Did your son enjoy it Dancing boy? I am a bit unsure about him going on his own-he is keen!- but it seems a waste of a week off work for me to take him if he will be away for 12 hours! Any stories or tips would be gratefully received from more experienced dance mums!

My daughter attended the dance summer school last year for a week. She did have a good time but she found the ballet was to easy for her and was grouped with people who had limited ballet experience as they group by age not ability . She was disappointed with this but really enjoyed the Jazz there.

This year we are attending a ballet only summer school. ????

• Like 1

I can give you the number to the people who run it if you would like more info. My DD I did this from 12 till 16 and then became a chaperone for two summers. Great course. Fab teachers and students come from all over as the faculty is so diverse and well known. They keep the kids entertained every evening too. First time she went I flew up with her and they met her at the airport. Same at the end. I flew back up to watch the presentation and bought her back with me but after I knew she would be okay being met as they are waiting for them as soon as they come off the plane in Edinburgh.

• Like 1

DD (13) and a small group of others from her dance school (mostly 14 year olds) are going this year, for week 1. All flying up together, then flying back down with their dance teacher, who is one of the tutors.

Interesting to hear that they group ballet by age - DD and her friends  are all currently working towards intermediate, except for the oldest who is working towards advanced 1, so we shall see if that is an issue.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like it will suit him. I got a nice email from the director who said there is another boy his age going (the first week) so will probably go for that (please ask your daughter to be nice to him Parent Taxi!) He has only been dancing 2 years so good to know the ballet is unlikely to be too advanced for him. He is also a figure skater so is used to being surrounded by girls and is getting really excited now-and I just need to decide if I am ready for him to go alone!

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like it will suit him. I got a nice email from the director who said there is another boy his age going (the first week) so will probably go for that (please ask your daughter to be nice to him Parent Taxi!) He has only been dancing 2 years so good to know the ballet is unlikely to be too advanced for him. He is also a figure skater so is used to being surrounded by girls and is getting really excited now-and I just need to decide if I am ready for him to go alone!

Hi Trockodile, my boy had an absolute ball.  He loved it. They were well looked after by the staff and had lots of fun as well as dancing. He was 14 last year and when we went to pick him said he wanted to go back this year!

• Like 1

Dear Two Ballerinas,

Here Mr Martinez from The Dance Summer School.

I am sorry to know that your daughter did feel that her ballet lessons were easy for her. As we allocate our participants in groups according to their ballet level and other information provided by the participants in their application form, I would really like to find out what did we miss.

Would you please be so kind to drop me an email to contact@thedancesummerschool.com to let me know her name and in what group was she allocated, I would be more than happy to address this. Any feedback from any of our participants at anytime is always very welcome!

Kind regards,

Eduardo Martinez

The Dance Summer School

• 1 month later...

My daughter attended the dance summer school last year for a week. She did have a good time but she found the ballet was to easy for her and was grouped with people who had limited ballet experience as they group by age not ability . She was disappointed with this but really enjoyed the Jazz there.

This year we are attending a ballet only summer school.

Dear Two Ballerinas,

I really hope this message finds you all well.

Just following my message to you from last April.

I hope to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards

Eduardo Martinez

The Dance Summer School

• Like 1

Dear Mr Martinez, welcome to the forum. As you have commercial links with the summer school, in accordance with our forum's acceptable use police, please would you add your commercial details (including contact details) into your signature?

Here is the relevant section of the forum rules:

"Commerce There is no bar to people representing commercial ventures from signing up to BalletcoForum with a view to spreading information about their wares or offering relevant services.

That said, we are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’. Nor will we allow vendors to use BalletcoForum as their shopfront: if you have a selling business you should use your own website for trade and market testing, not this one.

Members who have commercial interests must indicate that by adding a Signature line to their postings, stating the name and type of their business and giving their website and/or business email address for enquiries. (You set up a Signature via My Settings in the dropdown menu under your name.) If members wish to contact businesses, associate schemes or other commercial enterprises this should be done via the vendor’s website or email, not by starting threads on the forum."

As stated above we do not allow commercial members to post repeated adverts in multiple threads so unfortunately I will have to hide the duplicate posts you've made in several other threads today.

If you have further information or updates regarding your summer school, please post them in this thread.

Many thanks,

Kind regards

Anna C

• Like 1