groin pain :(

shygirlsmum

Dd had complained this evening that she has pain in her groin. She has rested for a couple of hours and put ice on the area, before she went to bed she said it felt better but when I examined her i felt a lump.

Dd has an audition tomorrow to show a solo that she choreographed herself for possible inclusion in dance school showcase so I'm concerned she's putting a brave face on.

Can anyone advise what I should look out for in the morning please

It could be that she has over stretched....How old is your DS ? I know that when I was in my teens I would inexplicably suffer from groin pain (one side only) just before my period. I think that lumps and bumps are fairly common in that area (at least for young dancers) but if it doesn't go away soon do go and see a doctor, just to put your mind at ease. I would also say try deep heat or vick rub (very carefully applied) as often heat can soothe the area better than icing. I hope that she feels better soon. X

It could be, everyone in the house has had a cold in the last week or two.

I guess it could be coincidence but she had been practicing her dance when she came limping to me, she has worked so hard on the dance I can understand her desire to audition but she needs to look at the bigger picture.

I will see how she is in the morning.

Dd said she had no pain this morning, closer examination showed lumps at either side of groin so I think it is swollen glands.

She did her audition and dance class this morning and said that she can feel a little discomfort when she takes off for a leap/jump but other than that no pain.

I will be keeping a close eye on her but so far, so good.

Thanks to everyone who responded

• Like 2

No temperature, she has had a busy week with school residential so perhaps a bit tired. She has agreed to a "no dancing day" tomorrow. So hopefully she will get some rest and see how she goes. She has audition at northern ballet next week so she needs to rest.

So much for the "no dancing day" I have just caught her in Pointe shoes (only doing a few rises as she has only just started pointe work).

Glands are still slightly swollen but not as much as Friday, I plan to take her to see GP tomorrow (if i can get an appointment) just to be on the safe side.

• Like 1