Bintley: BRB need to attract older audiences

But no theatre seems to think in terms of aged-related reductions. Even the old stand-by arrangement at the Coli seems to have been abandoned.

Recently it seems as if companies are quite happy to have empty seats rather than allow concessions for 60+ or reduced prices on the day before curtain up.

• Like 1

Well, it seems to me that there is generally a wide range of ages at most performances by ballet companies with the exception of children who are, understandably, fewer in number at performances other than the family friendly classics.

• Like 1

Yes I have an ATG card too have saved lots at the Empire and Palace:-) just wish Brum Hippodrome was ATG they have a whacking 5% booking fee and not even in person unless cash is it removed OUCH! Puts me off going there and I have told BRB.

Edited by Don Q Fan

Yes I have an ATG card too have saved lots at the Empire and Palace:-) just wish Brum Hippodrome was ATG they have a whacking 5% booking fee and not even in person unless cash is it removed OUCH! Puts me off going there and I have told BRB.

Wycombe Swan is the same (I'm assuming BRB are going there again this year) 

Sorry if this is slightly off but someone has mentioned ENB Friends charges going up.......and I just joined(on the old price) to get away from the ROH high charges for Friends.

The other sad thing in the letter which arrived is that now Open days will only be for the next level of Friends up.....so even more money!

Seems like slowly but surely the ENB are going the way of ROH so probably from next year will just stay with the Rambert unless they are planning anything similar.

David Bintly seemed a bit grumpy in his Dancing Times interview, so much so that somebody felt they needed to write in about it and it became star letter. He seems to criticise RBS quite heavily as well.

Edited by Ribbons

Yes, I thought that he came across as a bit bitter and jaded in that interview. Plus, the implication that the RB hoovered up all the best graduates from the RBS and left him with the 'weaker' graduates - who he didn't think were good enough for his company - to choose from was, I felt, rather insulting to those graduates (although he did seem to be satisfied with the dancers whom he had recruited more recently).

• Like 2

I've lost count of the times I've looked at BRB's RBS graduates and thought "Why on earth didn't the Royal Ballet hoover that one up?" now. In many cases, I assumed it was a deliberate career choice by the dancer.

• Like 3

I've lost count of the times I've looked at BRB's RBS graduates and thought "Why on earth didn't the Royal Ballet hoover that one up?" now. In many cases, I assumed it was a deliberate career choice by the dancer.

And BRB fans thank their lucky stars that those dancers chose to come to BRB!

• Like 1