Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies? CBTS RAD course questions?!

chloeballet96

Hi there I'm 18 years old and I'm currently doing my IDTA Intermediate Ballet and hoping to start the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS) in January 2016. I just have a few questions if you any of you have done it or know people that have, thanks :)

1. Do you know where you have to go for the intensive study period and how long it is?

2. What do you study on the intensive study period?

3. Do people stay in hotels/apartments or do you go home? I may not be able to afford it you see

If you have any more info or experience about the course please tell me, thank you :)

The intensive study period is 10 days as far as I am aware and in August of the first year. I think first year is study modules and second is placements. I've no idea about accommodation - my friend did this course but quite a few years ago now. I thought it was at RAD HQ in London but not 100% sure.

Have you looked on the RAD site - there are lots of downloads on the site that give more information on each course than the website pages?

• Like 1

I think that the intensive used to be delivered in certain RAD approved centres (not only HQ ) but I'm going back a good few years (when it was still TC and not CBTS) so I may be wrong. As 2dancersmum said, check the downloads on the site, you may find more info. x

Hi there I'm currently doing IDTA Intermediate Ballet (which is an equivalent entry requirement) and I'm thinking of doing the Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS) course?

Just want to know if anyone on here has done it and what do they think of it, recommend it etc.

Hello chloeballet,

I'm not sure whether you saw my reply in your other thread, asking you not to start another thread on the same subject as in your other threads? I have merged your last two threads into one, so again, please continue your discussion in this thread.

Thanks.