Your Nightmare "Swan Lake"

I think worse than a jester is a drunk tutor....a la Ballet of Siberia.....all the annoyance of him getting in the way and possible #MeToo accusations in the future with none of the ballet skill you can admire

• Like 1

Have only just caught up w their thread and am delighted that so many other members would like to see those awful cygnets quietly removed! The only performance I ever enjoyed was in an ancient.film with Morecambe and Wise! Delighted to see that their antics have been toned down a little and can now look forward to seeing the new production on 2June. But one day I'd love to see a production where Siegfried practices on them with his nice new cross bow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ninamargaret said:

Have only just caught up w their thread and am delighted that so many other members would like to see those awful cygnets quietly removed! The only performance I ever enjoyed was in an ancient.film with Morecambe and Wise! Delighted to see that their antics have been toned down a little and can now look forward to seeing the new production on 2June. But one day I'd love to see a production where Siegfried practices on them with his nice new cross bow.

Isn't it one of those things that every little girl learning ballet dreams of dancing one day, though?

(It definitely featured at some point in a documentary about White Lodge - was it the old one with Yasmine Naghdi and Francesca Hayward in the Year 9 uniform, or something more recent?)

• Like 1

On 23/02/2015 at 18:12, Jane S said:

The low spot for me in the current RB Swan Lake was the Tutor in Act 1 throwing up into the fountain at the back of the stage.

But many who saw Peter Schaufuss's 'Swan Lake - the Nightmare' may feel this whole thread is redundant...

Thankfully the Tutor has gone in the new production. So, too, have the little girls but worth remembering some of those names

Sarah Wildor 1987

Leanna Palmer 1988

Laura Morera 1992

Emma Maguire 1995

Bethany Keating 1995

Anniek Soobroy 1997

Lauren Cuthbertson 1997

Samara Downs 1997

Bethany Kingsley-Garner 2000

Ruth Bailey 2002

Antoinette Brooks-Daw 2002

Jade Heusen 2002

Francesca Hayward 2004

Anna-Rose O'Sullivan 2007

Isobel Lubach 2008

Julia Roscoe  2008

Charlotte Edmonds 2011

Quite a list

• Like 6

On 22/02/2015 at 16:05, Jan McNulty said:

I loathe jesters and I can't stand the happy ending productions.

I agree re - the jesters! Completely annoying in Russian productions and just don’t add anything in my opinion - yes and no ‘happy ending’ either!

On 24/05/2018 at 12:27, Tony Newcombe said:

Thankfully the Tutor has gone in the new production. So, too, have the little girls but worth remembering some of those names

Sarah Wildor 1987

Leanna Palmer 1988

Laura Morera 1992

Emma Maguire 1995

Bethany Keating 1995

Anniek Soobroy 1997

Lauren Cuthbertson 1997

Samara Downs 1997

Bethany Kingsley-Garner 2000

Ruth Bailey 2002

Antoinette Brooks-Daw 2002

Jade Heusen 2002

Francesca Hayward 2004

Anna-Rose O'Sullivan 2007

Isobel Lubach 2008

Julia Roscoe  2008

Charlotte Edmonds 2011

Quite a list

Yasmine Naghdi in ?2004 I think 

Just out of curiosity, which WL girls ones danced which role? I think of the one in the navy and pink as being for a taller or older-looking girl than the pale green, so I'm guessing Hayward would have been the pale green and (if she and Bailey used to dance it at the same time) Bailey the navy and pink...