Do you need opera glasses for ROH amphitheatre?

Last but not least, yes I do remembeer the stone stairs. Ah those were the days!! I think not. They still exist at the Bristol Hippodrome if anyone is nostalic for them

So do I. Much quicker to get out of the building than it is now. And I'm pretty certain the New Wimbledon Theatre still has them - and the Southampton Mayflower! (Both have the balcony entrance at the rear, just to make you climb even more stairs!)

So do I. Much quicker to get out of the building than it is now. And I'm pretty certain the New Wimbledon Theatre still has them - and the Southampton Mayflower! (Both have the balcony entrance at the rear, just to make you climb even more stairs!)

Somewhat off topic but I recall (in the very distant past) a romantic assignation on the stone steps in the Wimbledon Theatre (as it then was). Ah, memories...

• Like 1

I'm a glasses wearer (very short-sighted) and find it best to adjust the focus on my binoculars so that I put them right up to my eyes - I either just slide my glasses down my nose a bit or push them up onto my forehead! Like others - if I can only see a performance once (rather than the occasional luxury of more than once when I would try to sit nearer for one and higher up for another) - I would choose higher up for ballet (but have decided that for more contemporary pieces, closer is possibly better) and just use my binoculars occasionally to admire the scenery/costume detail/expressions.

Have a wonderful time - I love the ROH :)

I love the first scene in Red Shoes where everyone rushes up the stone stairs to get a front row seat, things were never that chaotic for me but I do remember them, it's all so sedate now, riding up what has been called the "most expensive escalator ride in town".