Sign in to follow this  
alison

London travel disruption this weekend

4 hours ago, LinMM said:

It won’t let me subscribe 😢 keeps coming up with an error!..... I don’t fill in the Oystercard section because I don’t need it ....and wondered whether not having a London address prohibits you being able to subscribe 🤔

I don't know, LinMM - I wouldn't have thought they'd even need your address simply to sign up to an email list. But I can't remember signing up so I'm not sure!

4 hours ago, LinMM said:

It won’t let me subscribe 😢 keeps coming up with an error!..... I don’t fill in the Oystercard section because I don’t need it ....and wondered whether not having a London address prohibits you being able to subscribe 🤔

I've just (re-)signed up & it worked for me only giving them my name & email address. I didn't fill in the Oyster card number or postcode fields as they weren't marked as complusory. So it doesn't look as if you have to have a London address, which I don't if I had given it to them.

They need the postcode! 
perhaps it was just their website yesterday 🤔

Oh I didn’t realise the postcode wasnt compulsory 🙄

Theres a long list of things underneath that the email presumably covers .... I didn’t tick all of those either...eg I won’t be cycling in London any time soon 

Theres is NO Circle line this weekend and part District service so should be OK from Victoria to Temple/Embankment are ok on District and easy to walk up to ROH from either.

The 91 bus from Crouch End to Trafalgar Square ( Kings X and Euston) will terminate short at Aldwych and not go along Strand to Trafalgar Square due to a Peoples' Vote March.

59/68 cross river from Euston looked OK when I checked yesterday.

For those going to the matinee at the ROH tomorrow, don't forget it's the Lord Mayor's Show tomorrow.  I had :( 

45 minutes ago, alison said:

For those going to the matinee at the ROH tomorrow, don't forget it's the Lord Mayor's Show tomorrow.  I had :( 

I’ll be walking at “float” 57 if anyone happens to be watching!

• Like 2

For those who use SouthWestern Railways be aware that there may be strikes throughout December. 

1 hour ago, Shade said:

For those who use SouthWestern Railways be aware that there may be strikes throughout December. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

1 hour ago, Shade said:

Every day except the 1st and the 12th, effectively.

IME, this line has managed to run about half of their trains during similar - though shorter - strikes, so don’t despair just yet!

There are usually some trains running on strike days went through all this a couple of years ago with Southern Rail 😢 but does depend which drivers union etc....there were a couple of days every so often when absolutely nothing was running but that was rarer. 

Okay that's the one where there are usually at least 50 per cent of trains running ....often higher.

The southern dispute went on for ages and was about the use or rather not use of guards on trains. 

It seemed daft to me not to have at least one guard as well as the driver on board a train so I was sympathetic.....though the sympathy was sorely tested on nights returning to Brighton after 10 pm to be confronted by cancelled trains 😬 

I was lucky .....as it was because of these strikes that I decided to stay over in London if having to travel back after 9.30pm ....so stay at partners flat now whereas I always used to just go up for the day even if it meant not getting home till after midnight on freezing nights in winter 😩

Being able to stay over has taken a lot of stress out of doing latish activities or going to the ballet in London.....as it did start to affect my health ....but know I am very lucky to be able to do this. 

It was when ASLEF Union either joined the RMT Union or had a separate strike which really brought everything to a complete halt .....couldn't travel on those days.

Edited by LinMM