Dada Income levels for 2015-16

Huddsballetmum

For dancer starting Sep 2015 the school will want your total household income for the tax year April 2014 to March 2015. However if the school is offering a place before the tax year ends (NBS is a case in point) they may ask for the previous years income just to get an idea for their records BUT they will expect to use 2014 to 2015 to base your contribution on in Sep. You must include Self Assessment forms for self employment, P60 and P11D for PAYE (P11D for any benefits you receive at work such as private medical ins, company car etc). If you earn over 90k (the new threshold) by a couple of k it would be worth trying to reduce it. Your contribution at 90k is 7k for school fees which is considerably lower than most of the schools actual fees (ENB is 17k, Tring is I think about £30k with accomm).

• Like 1

My dd has received a letter of nbs this morning asking us to refill in dada assessment /form of interest, because of the new changes to funding. The form States april 14 to April 15 total family income . In December when we first filled in forms it was for April 13 -April 14. Makes sense I suppose . Nothing has changed for us ,will still pay the same top up and still no maintenance grant ????. Just wait and see now if dada is offered for dd in April x

This is so frustrating, especially for those who auditioned for 2014-15!!!! The huge rise of the dada for the Sept 2014 from the year previous to that, meant so many people had to turn down places, my daughter included. This scale is MUCH better. makes me cross!

• Like 1