Dada Income levels for 2015-16

Huddsballetmum

???? with a DADa I was looking at approx £14,000 per year ! Including school fees and accomadation ! It's just gone down to approx £9,000 ! A bit more affordable ! Fab news to get whilst I am sat in my car outside a 6th form audition wondering how we were ever going to pay for it if he was successful ! Lol ! Still a worry though !

• Like 1

Shame the maintenance rates haven't increased though.  Even with  a full dada, accommodation and living expenses cost far more than £4550 pa and it is a real struggle for those of us on low incomes trying to support our dcs through vocational school.

• Like 1

OMG thats great.

Frustrating it has come out mid audition season and after deadlines as some decisions to apply to dada schools will have been influenced by the threshold.  Frustrating also to those who missed the dada threshold by a whisker last year...

Wonder if its means the pot of money is the same and has to spread more thinly- probably.

Edited by chaperone
  • Like 1

That is brilliant news for you all applying this year ..... I wonder if the levels can be applied to current students under the old income bands .... It would help many current parents out of the poverty trap!

Unless the rules have changed on how the dada rules are applied , unfortunately I don't think it will .

Currently your income is assessed once for the full 3 years , the only thing that is reassessed every year is the maintenance grant .

I do hope no one has missed out auditioning at schools they thought were unaffordable on the current levels.

Unless the rules have changed on how the dada rules are applied , unfortunately I don't think it will .

Currently your income is assessed once for the full 3 years , the only thing that is reassessed every year is the maintenance grant .

I do hope no one has missed out auditioning at schools they thought were unaffordable on the current levels.

I guess that is understandable and of course if it had been revised downwards we wouldn't have been wanting that to apply ... Can't have it every which way ;)
  • Like 2

Things have pretty much stayed same here for middle earner???? No maintenance grant, fees stayed the same. Just able to work a bit of overtime .... Paying more tax !!!!! But pleased others have been helped by this news x ????

• Like 1

At Tring those who have an MDS can carry it forward to 6th form - but it's not guaranteed. This year some were told they could carry it forward, some were told they had to re audition for a DaDa. It could be to do with the students potential/progress or it could be that the thresholds are different and some wouldn't get funding if their MDS was stopped as their parents earn over the DaDa threshold.

How much do the fees cost typically then?  Trying to work out whether, say, if you earned £91,000 (I don't) it would be worth asking for a pay drop!  For people who earn near a boundary figure, this would be worth knowing.  I see that maintenance needs to be paid anyway after a certain threshold....  Do they take off any money for other children like with MDS?

How much do the fees cost typically then?  Trying to work out whether, say, if you earned £91,000 (I don't) it would be worth asking for a pay drop!  For people who earn near a boundary figure, this would be worth knowing.  I see that maintenance needs to be paid anyway after a certain threshold....  Do they take off any money for other children like with MDS?

Somebody earning £91,000 a year could probably find the fees themselves if they really wanted to by downsizing, buying a cheaper car and so on - somebody on £15,000 a year stands no chance at all ;)

This is totally tongue-in-cheek by the way, I'm not suggesting those on £91k would find it easy!

Yes DaDA for Sept 2014 was calculated on tax year ending March 2014. Of course maintance element might be different.

Student finance for Sept 2014 was calculated on tax year ending March 2013.

Edited by Jane