Anyone had experience with World Ballet Competition?

pastel

Hello,

my dd is considering entering World Ballet Competition. I'm not a fan of dance competitions and just wondered if anyone has had experience with this one in Romania? Cost is of course a big issue and dd thinks the experience of preparation and attendance will be worth it. She may not be able to attend a summer school if we spend the money on WBC.

Hoping someone has been there before :)

I know my DDs former school, Harlequin, has been selected to attend the Dance Wolrd Cup in Romania this year. They are one of three schools representing England in solos, duets, trios, quartets and groups with one group specially selected to go straight through to the finals. It does appear to be a tremendous honour and know all entries were by video with selection taking place in December. Don't know if this is the same event as this one is all pre-selected and I didn't think it was open to individual entries?

Heather

Aka Taximom

• Like 1

Thanks Heather,

I'm not sure that we have the same competition in mind. The one my dd is considering is called World Ballet Competition and is run in Romania and Orlando, USA. The Open days in Romania do not require video audition. DD sent a video audition last year and was selected for the finals in USA but we did not attend because of the cost of travel.

Thanks Heather,

I'm not sure that we have the same competition in mind. The one my dd is considering is called World Ballet Competition and is run in Romania and Orlando, USA. The Open days in Romania do not require video audition. DD sent a video audition last year and was selected for the finals in USA but we did not attend because of the cost of travel.

Are your DD's teachers recommending she enters this competition?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tulip :)

LinMM, there are scholarship prizes etc but the reason dd is entering is for the experience of competing, receiving feedback in that setting, meeting other dancers, trying to gauge where she fits with others her age etc. Really, her reasons are similar to reasons for attending summer schools.

• Like 2