Tring Sixth Form Auditions/Reserve List

meggy13

The way it works (as far as I understand it) is this - the school gets a funding pot. They put all the students in order of talent. The funding is allocated down the list until it runs out (as they already know how much funding you need).

After that, as soon as someone turns down their offer they look at how much funding they were allocated and see if it is enough to be given to the person at the top of the waiting list. This is pretty much how it has been explained to me anyway.

• Like 2

I just wish that all the schools could somehow improve the systems and cut down on the dreadful waiting

It's far too stressful and really unfair that our very hardworking young people have to contend with this on top of the GCSE pressure

• Like 4

Last year my dd was put on the reserve list for a Dada, we were needing a full one and didn't hold out much hope and when school started in September she was heartbroken. But on 20th October we got a telephone call from the school to say that due to all the shuffling and finalisation of others funding they were in the position to offer her a full Dada. She started the following Sunday. So don't give up hope as if it is meant to be it will.????

• Like 7

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has a DC going to the Tring taster day on Thursday as trying to gauge what to expect numbers wise.  I would imagine not everyone invited will be able to go (more time off schoo/travel/other auditions).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, sixth form students are allowed to travel to London at the weekends, providing of course they're not missing any lessons on the Saturday (ie optional RAD/ISTD classes) and their parent has signed the consent form allowing them to do such things. All new students get sent a form before they start. Many students go into nearby Aylesbury or London for shopping or for social engagements. Their houseparent has to be kept informed though and they must sign in & out of school.

• Like 1

Hello! I'm new to the forum. My DD has been offered a place on the sixth form dance course at Tring starting in September. She has never been to a vocational school before and we were wondering if anyone knows roughly how many girls will have been offered places who are in the same position as her? Thanks!  :)

• Like 2

Hi. Congratulations to your daughter. Tring is excellent and my dd has loved every minute of being there. She started in lower sixth and out of the 26 in the year I would say 10 to 13 of them had not been in vocational school before. There is lots of support...I am sure your daughter will thrive there. Pm me if u want any more info.

• Like 1