Numbers for exams

Dance*is*life

We were told that the RAD is changing to numbers only for exams (no more pink, blue, white and yellow).  If that is the case we will need to buy material numbers rather than print out paper ones as we have done in the past for Vocationals.  Does anyone know where these can be ordered?

You can get transfer paper to print onto materials to use with ordinary Inkjet printers.  Just decide how big a figure you need and make a page of the relevant numbers.  You then insert the transfer paper into your printer like any other sheet and print out using "mirror image" on the print menu.  You then iron the transfer onto a piece of material.

When I was still doing RAD and wanted numbers for the Vocationals, this is exactly what I did, using a piece of white cotton.  Rather than hem round the edge of the squares I used "Fraystoppa". 

• Like 3

In my old dance school we used squares of white felt and the number was either drawn on with a black fabric pen or marker, or stitched on in embroidery thread. Then just safety pinned to the leotard. I don't know if the transfer paper Pas de Quatre mentioned would work on felt, but at least the felt won't fray.