Lower school final auditions

Waitingmum

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to your daughter waitingmum, fabulous news. Sorry about the no's but your children did ever so well to get a re-call. You can always try again and if you are doing the summer school, they can audition again there too.

• Like 1

That's fantastic news waitingmum. Congratulations!

Sorry to hear about the no's, it's very upsetting right now, but I understand you all have other finals to go to and the right thing is out there for you all.

• Like 2

Same hear Danceintherain! After a little cry DD is Looking forward to Tring (I can't believe we are going there tomorrow already - I need to rest!) and Elmhurst - determined to try even harder. And then went off to her ballet class with a big smile as it's her first class on pointe today.

• Like 11

Huge congratulations waitingmum! And yes, a very fun way to celebrate!!!! So sorry for the nos,  I won't repeat what everyone already said, as I think you know it better than me! Just thinking that our DCs attitude is really amazing: the most of them react to the nos better than us, and move on quickly to the next goal, be it another audition or the thought that they can always try again the following year.... I think this is incredible: WE are the first to be deeply disappointed in front of a no, WE are the ones scared by their possible reaction, WE think they will not be able to cope with it......the truth is that our DC are much better than us, much more resilient and/or even blindly optimist if you like but........thanks God!!!

• Like 7

Oh my goodness we are in total shock here. My dd has got a YES for white lodge. Congratulations to you and your dd waitingmum and I guess we will get to know each other better very soon!!! Sorry for all of the no's and I am amazed by the resilience and determination your children have. Good luck for elmhurst, tring and Hammond finals. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 13

Oh my goodness we are in total shock here. My dd has got a YES for white lodge. Congratulations to you and your dd waitingmum and I guess we will get to know each other better very soon!!! Sorry for all of the no's and I am amazed by the resilience and determination your children have. Good luck for elmhurst, tring and Hammond finals. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for you all.

Fantastic news! Well done to your DD!

• Like 1

Congratulations to your daughter two alarums, fantastic news. During royal ballet SS in Covent garden, all students were invited to audition for the school. During the SS the teachers get to see how the students follow instruction, perform etc, and if they have the physique they require for their training, then a student could get a good second chance at auditioning.

• Like 1

Congratulations to the yeses - welcome to the fund and mad world of vocational training!  Good luck all others with your other auditions.  Especially well done to those who made the call back at WL - I don't expect it was easy for them to choose between the girls at that stage.  I am sure that they will do well with their other auditions.

My dd was also part of the call back and has been offered a place ... I am still in shock and have mixed emotions about her going away. But of course I am delighted for her as it's what she has wanted for ages. So I guess that makes 3 from the call back so far!

Congratulations Waitingmum and Twoballerinas! Look forward to meeting you soon.

Am really sorry for the no's - especially getting so close but just goes to show how talented they all are and best of luck everyone for Elmhurst next week!

• Like 8