Lower school final auditions

Waitingmum

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to the "yeses"!

A letter today or even yesterday - very fast indeed! It's our turn this week - good to know the wait is not that long and those lucky ones who are accepted won't need to audition at other schools then (IF RBS is their firsts choice).

• Like 1

I now know that one boy from my DD's JA class got in as well (not sure about the other one - he might got in as well :-) ).

Quick question - I was surprised they give out results either way if they haven't yet had all the auditions. How does that work, for instance if they then saw more people in the later auditions they wanted to give places to than they have places left? Just surprised me they don't wait till all auditions are finished before making decision.

Does anyone know how it works??

Thanks!

As balletqs said, all the final auditions are held on the same day for the boys, and the same for the year 8 to 10/11 entry. The next day is final auditions is for the year 7 girls entry.

• Like 1

Exciting time for you all, I am enjoying watching the process this year vicariously and cheering on the DC. My DD won't be auditioning in the UK again till 16 but it is great to follow the successes and journeys of the DC here to know what will be in store for us in a few years time.

Good luck for all the DC auditioning at White Lodge today, enjoy your time there!!

Edited by irishballetmom

Thank you all for good luck wishes. Hope that all the girls had a good day. My DD enjoyed it but wasn't entirely happy with her performance and with the way she was "gently handled" to asses her flexibility (saying that the teacher didn't try hard and didn't show fully her abilities). But I don't think that would make any difference. My DD hasn't been call back, and says that about 10 girls have been.

It's was very nice to meet you Plié, thank you for the chat :-).

Now the wait! Hope we will also hear on Monday or Tuesday and not later.

I don't think the envelop question has been asked this year yet? How was it for the boys and older girls? Normal small envelope with "no" and A4 with "yes"?

Thank you all for good luck wishes. Hope that all the girls had a good day. My DD enjoyed it but wasn't entirely happy with her performance and with the way she was "gently handled" to asses her flexibility (saying that the teacher didn't try hard and didn't show fully her abilities). But I don't think that would make any difference. My DD hasn't been call back, and says that about 10 girls have been.

It's was very nice to meet you Plié, thank you for the chat :-).

Now the wait! Hope we will also hear on Monday or Tuesday and not later.

I don't think the envelop question has been asked this year yet? How was it for the boys and older girls? Normal small envelope with "no" and A4 with "yes"?

Don't quote me but in the past I believe any held back are the maybes. The definite yes's and nos go together. And I wouldn't worry about the range test. They are normally inspecting the flexibility potential in the joint rather than how far the ligaments will stretch. I hope all the girls enjoyed their day. Ours have always had their letters on the Tues or Weds.

The year my youngest dd did finals there were 3 on waiting list. They were told they were not in order and who would be offered first would depend on who'd dropped out. Although one person turned their space down this was not till later on when all the new children had had their visit so as far as I know none of the 3 took the space. At least one had already accepted a place at another school by then and bought uniform etc.