Move It 2015

pastel

Is anyone going to Move It on the Friday?

My dd's school will be performing and I'm very excited to have the opportunity to watch. I've never been to this expo before. Will it be huge, busy and wild? Any tips? 

Thanks,

I would suggest taking a packed lunch with you. Food there is very expensive. Comfy shoes are a must - there is very little seating - most people sit on the floor so you will be on your feet a lot of the day. Taking younger DD this year but not yet sure if it will be Friday or Sunday.

• Like 3

I will be there on the Friday to, our DDs are at the same school.. I have never been on Friday before but Satudays and Sunday's are really busy. Everyone is right wear comfy shoes you will be on your feet a lot. And As 2 dancersmum said take food and drink as it is very expensive, although there is a small Tesco about 5 mins walk away .

Edited by janice and ellen
  • Like 3

I will be heading friday too. Haven't been for a few years looking forwards to it. 

Agree about the food and drink,take it with you as expensive and if i remember right not that many places to get food from. 

• Like 2

Take ear plugs celb ;). See sonata leotards will be there again wit the same offer. My DD's love theirs, they have been a favourite for SS, workshops and auditions. Cotton Lycra ones are lovely, beautifully cut. Your DD would be the petite. Enjoy it's got to be done once x

• Like 3

Its the start of half term that weekend so I do wonder if that will make it busier than normal. Schools around here break up on the Thursday. I can't help wonder if this is why they have moved it forward as it has been mid March rather than mid February ever since it began as far as I am aware. The timing no longer fits with the graduate tour so DD will not be dancing there with her school

I'm hoping to go on the Friday! I've been the past two years as well - wear comfy clothing as it's a long day, take plenty of food and water unless you want to spend a fortune on everything when you're there ???? best of you luck with your dd's performance, it's all great fun the atmosphere is wonderful ☺️

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone driven to Olympia and tried to park in the surrounding roads for MoveIt. Our trains aren't running this weekend and bus replacements make the journey times too excessive. We are going on Sunday and I am quite familiar with driving into London on Sundays and have had no difficulty being able to park in the streets around ENBS if we arrive around 9ish in the past.

Hi Spooky, I drove to Move It on a Sunday last year as we were en route back to vocational school and parked in a multi storey car park just adjacent to Olympia. I can't remember off the top of my head how much it cost, but I pre-booked and I do remember it being very reasonable. You can just turn up on the day without pre-booking but I didn't want to take the chance. As it happened though, the car park didn't appear very busy at all.

Off to Move It for the weekend with DD. It's our first time but she has been very focussed on which workshops and seminars she wants to attend so we have a very full day planned for the saturday with a more relaxed approach to the sunday to allow us to watch more of what's on stage and browse through the exhibitor stands. Based on the comments on wearing comfortable shoes and limited chances to sit down I have signed myself up to a number of seminars so at least for a portion of the day a seat will be mine! ;)

• Like 1

Now there is an idea - should have thought of that

I'm only there on Sat but DD is going tomorrow atfer a major hair disaster - a new spray turned itall into dreadlocks not a good look for Ballet - I spent nearly 3 hours detangling last night (plus 100 miles each way)

Anyone want to meet up? Just PM me if you do

Went to Move it yesterday and apart from the main purpose to see BTUK students dance I also met Just Ballet and wonders of wonders have finally bought a practise tutu......which I need for LAB performance in July .....otherwise wouldn't be seen dead in one. Michelle will be pleased at least!!

Anyway I like the way these are made as the skirt keeps down and doesn't flap up as some do but still needed to go to extra extra large size lol!! There were some beautiful leotards on her Ballet Rosa stand .....well worth a look in if you go.

But Move It as a whole is definitely for the under 30's I think......it's SO noisy.

It was lovely catching up with Pastel and her DD but trying to find somewhere to be able to actually here each other talk was a tad difficult.

The best place is the cafe just over on the right as you go in.....near the entrance.

• Like 2

DD had a fabulous Move-it; she feels she chose her workshops well & really loved them - she booked 5 MT & 1 tap all at the right level (has been a problem before)

Then a friend gave her another ticket right before the class started, & she 'won' a free summer school-but it's abroad so not sure if she can go or not

DH enjoyed his workshops - an African dance & an seminar about teaching older people

I am just exhausted, completely exhausted!

• Like 1

Has anyone purchased tickets online close to the date. We are planning on going tomorrow but I haven't got tickets as wasn't sure we could make it. I have been on the MOVEIT site and it is still allowing tickets to be booked but says they will be sent to you. Is there an option to print tickets yourselves or just show a confirmation email on entry. Don't want to proceed with payment until I know how this works.

Admission tickets are available at the entrance.There is a booth to the left of the main stage inside selling tickets for remaining available classes .DD had a wonderful day today meeting up with her dance friends from all over the country and taking a dance class in a different genre from her usual classes, not to mention a new leotard.I was pleasantly surprised that it only took about 20 minutes to get in despite arriving shortly after 10. There was a good view of the main stage and freestyle stage from the gallery and also plenty places to sit if you didn't mind sitting on the floor.It was noisy though, not surprisingly.

• Like 1