anneeliz

RBS Mid Associates (MA) audition

Thank you, it's just sinking in really, I really didn't expect her to get a place.

Just read through this whole thread and I now appreciate just how well she has done. I envisioned much bigger classes to hear that there are only about 16 in a class really puts things into perspective.

My child didn't go to WL final but was offered an MA place.

At the same time, there were children who went to WL final who did not get a WL place and were not offered an MA place.

Well done to your DD. Thats a shame for the other children, perhaps physio assessment highlighted something that made them unsuitable for RB training as suggested in an earlier post.

• Like 1

DD has been offered MA yr 7 place at Bath - from waiting list. Anyone know if they prefer satin or leather flats there please? Again, didn't realise how few places were available for MA'S. Very proud of DD,

• Like 3

Well done to your dd :-) I think leather and canvas is the most popular. I expect you'll be recommended to Dancewell in Bristol though, where you'll get the right advice for your dd as well as for Bath MA's.

• Like 1

Eeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Have just had that elusive phone call from Ms Hubbard at RBS offering DD a yr 8 mids place ! ????????????????

She was on SWL last year and this, so just wanted to let everyone know that places *do* come up!!

Now the excitement of telling DD after school!

• Like 21

How fantastic Gowiththeflo, I do love a good news story- Huge congratulations!!!

Thank you everyone- i could almost burst i'm so proud of her..... She auditioned for yr5 JA's, got a no; tried again for yr 6 and got a yes. Also went to summer school last year. SWL for mids yr7, and summer school this year, and SWL for yr 8 mids now a yes!!!

It's for Manchester, twoballerinas. Luckily she already knows some girls there, so i'm sure she'll be delighted!

• Like 2

Well done and congrats !!! We are Manchester Mids too, but Y7 how exciting for your dd X

Well done great news, my dd is leaving Manchester Mids to go to a vs, it's been a fabulous time and dd has loved every minute. Enjoy!

• Like 3

Thank you, She's only done one year but has meant the world to her and we never expected to be so lucky to get there. The teacher is great, enjoy every minute- I think there may be a few tears as our last week is coming up.

Enjoy everyone!

Well maybe it's thanks to your dd going off to VS that has freed up the place for mine balletqueen.... If so, then thank your dd from the bottom of mine's heart!! Xxx

• Like 3

Thanks, we are looking really forward to meeting you too gowththeflo ???? Xxx see you in September !

Just heard of a Birmingham MA turning down her place in favour of a year 7 vocational place! I'm crossing everything and I'm on tenterhooks all over againfor my little student on the SWL but if anyone has already heard from them in the past 2 days and wants to put me out of my misery it would be much appreciated

• Like 2

Just heard of a Birmingham MA turning down her place in favour of a year 7 vocational place! I'm crossing everything and I'm on tenterhooks all over againfor my little student on the SWL but if anyone has already heard from them in the past 2 days and wants to put me out of my misery it would be much appreciated

We are SWL at birmingham and haven't heard anything. Has your pupil heard now?

My little pupil is SWL Birmingham too and hasn't heard anything either. The little girl who declined her place got in off the SWL too from what I've gathered. So much movement on these lists and places still, so many butterflies still flapping about in my stomach