Summer schools for vocational students

Jazzpaws

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I was just about to pose a question about northern ballet academy summer school, and saw that you had asked the same question Frogsmum. Doesn't look like anyone here has had any experience of it. Think I might risk it. Moorlands sent off today, so it would be good timings wise.

My DS participated in the Summer School three times over a period of years and despite trying other summer schools always came back to this one. He is back training with the Academy again and I cannot recommend it highly enough. There used to be an end of summer school performance but it is not the focus. Despite this it was always very good when we watched it.

Has anyone had any experience of Northern Ballet Academy (Leeds) Easter and Int Summer School?

Although a couple of years ago now dd attended their Easter course for a few years.  Would definitely recommend.  Also at the time if they were already at vocational school or attending an associate scheme - they didn't have to audition!

Didn't have a great experience with OPES :(  

I don't suppose anyone's DD or DS has attended or had a friend attend the Danish ballet school summer school by any chance?

It looks very good on the website(am researching for a friend) but of course has the added cost of staying in Denmark. I don't think they've announced all their teachers yet though.

My DS went last year and loved it.  Nice high standard and he was the only English student there in the week he went.  He stayed with a family as an AirBnB guest which worked well and kept the cost down.  At 16 he was one of the younger ones there.  Copenhagen was a wonderful place to visit, if expensive, but as he was able to cook his own meals that helped a lot.  Also, very safe to cycle (once he had worked out which side of the road to cycle on!) so no transport costs.

Afraid he went for the Bourneville technique and the experience rather than the specific teachers, so can't help with that one.

Meadowblythe

• Like 1

DD put in two very last minute applications to Natalia Kremen Summer School and ENBS Summer School. She had a yes from Natalia Kremen yesterday and I think she will accept that one before waiting to hear from ENBS. She is looking forward to trying out the Russian style of training.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

After the disappointing (third) selected waiting list at WL SS, my DD applied for ENBS summer course (12 years group) and for Académie Princesse Grace in Montecarlo. She has been offered a place at Académie Princesse Grace and is very excited to go! Did any of your DC attend this summer school? Do you have any recent experience of the school?

Re ENBS we are still waiting for the letter: do they usually send it by email or by post?

thank you for your help!