RBS JA photograph req help needed

southerndancemum

Hope someone can help!!

There seems to be two different sets of photos required for the audition application:

One here (which the application sends you to)

http://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/training/auditions/photograph-requirements-full-time/

and one on the second page fo the form - not sure the link will work and cant post a photo (easy to get to by putting in name and dob tho)

http://www.royalballetschool.org.uk/training/auditions/junior-associate-audition-application-form/#gf_59

really confused!! :wacko:

x

It's the first set. But just a heads up sorry don't mean to interfere if ur dd is at Tring they don't allow auditions for RBS or have they changed their policy?

Is it they don't allow their pupils to audition for associate schemes? I know of a number of students who have moved from Tring to WL and Elmhurst over the years so they must have been in the audition process.

Thank you for the lovely replies! Sometimes I find it hard talking to anyone about my daughter and ballet in the real world. Either they don't know where I'm coming from when I say I've been googling tutorials on ballet buns and can't find the right pins anywhere (3 different styles till we got the right ones are you kidding me?) or why that's driving me crazy as it's for the Day as a JA and I'll be damned if all that hair is coming down, I have ONE JOB please can I get that right OR I feel I'm going to bore them to death or make them roll their eyes. The few people I do know who have danced have given me wonderful advice but don't have children or not dancing children which is a sadness for them so I have to exercise a bit of discretion. No one knows (apart from her teacher) that we are applying for the JA Associate scheme at my daughters ballet school because I know there are three or four girls who came with us for the JA Experience Day who weren't encouraged to apply and I'm sure people here will have coped with that scenario but I just don't want to stir anything up especially when it's more than likely we won't get in! I may be boring you all in the future I apologise in advance!

• Like 8

Thank you for the lovely replies! Sometimes I find it hard talking to anyone about my daughter and ballet in the real world. Either they don't know where I'm coming from when I say I've been googling tutorials on ballet buns and can't find the right pins anywhere (3 different styles till we got the right ones are you kidding me?) or why that's driving me crazy as it's for the Day as a JA and I'll be damned if all that hair is coming down, I have ONE JOB please can I get that right OR I feel I'm going to bore them to death or make them roll their eyes. The few people I do know who have danced have given me wonderful advice but don't have children or not dancing children which is a sadness for them so I have to exercise a bit of discretion. No one knows (apart from her teacher) that we are applying for the JA Associate scheme at my daughters ballet school because I know there are three or four girls who came with us for the JA Experience Day who weren't encouraged to apply and I'm sure people here will have coped with that scenario but I just don't want to stir anything up especially when it's more than likely we won't get in! I may be boring you all in the future I apologise in advance!

I totally understand where you are coming from with your comments.  I've found so much help on here (we've only been on the rollercoster a year).  One thing i will say is you will soo realise who your true friends are, the ones that accept without question when you let them down at the last minute about things due to a rehearsal or audition etc.. however, i do find dance mums tend to be the most organised and have diaries planned well in advance :)

good luck to you and your DD with the process :)

xx

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey

Just after some advice regarding ja application photos.

We have just had ours done with a photographer arranged by the ballet school ( pushing it fine with the closing date so close I know) and well they weren't what I was expecting. There is a shadow behind my daughter in everyone that makes it look like she is wobbering. Are shadows the norm??

Think I may be more gutted that I can't have one put on a canvas.

Balletnewbie

The photos are always very stressful. If your teacher has seen them and thinks they are okay then I would use them. Remember these photos have a different purpose to usual - to demonstrate physical attributes not necessarily be the most beautiful photos ever.

I would say most people take their own photos with or without the help of the teacher. So I'm sure yours will be fab.

Good luck!