"Times" Watch - and other behind-paywall articles

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, WOW. I've only just got round to looking at today's papers and The Times has a two page spread about Marianela Nunez. The cover of 2Arts carries a full page picture of her headed Marianela Nunez - The Best Ballerina in Britain (and that's official).

I seem to have missed a reference in the article to explain how "it's official". But the lovely news is that, on February 1st (at her second Giselle), there will be a flower throw and speeches to honour her 20 years with the Royal Ballet. Kevin O'Hare is quoted as saying that dancers should be celebrated at the peak of their careers. Well done, Kevin! Can't wait for that performance: it will be something special.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, alison said:

How lovely for her.

Can't help thinking of all the other long-serving principals who never got such a thing, though.

Perhaps it will be become a feature in the future.

• Like 1

There is an article in the main section of today's (27th Jan)Times (p5) about ENB. The headline is: "Bolshy ballet riven by affair of director and her leading man."

• 1 month later...

Today (Sunday 18th March) The Sunday Times Culture section has an article about Matthew Ball and the back of the  Business and Money section  features Lauren Cuthbertson. In the main part of the paper, there is a large picture of Darcey Bussell who is advocating more exercise for children

Ian Macmillan has listed Ball and Bussell  in Links but I thought that I should mention all three as I know that people on here sometimes like to go out and the buy the paper. Three ballet-related pieces in one newspaper in one day is pretty good going.

Edited by capybara
amendment
  • Like 3

Indeed, you're quite right.  Our paper didn't arrive till after I'd finished Links and I hadn't thought to look at the Business/Money supplement online.   So here we are on Lauren and her finances:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/lauren-cuthbertson-i-want-to-be-comfy-so-i-have-to-stay-on-my-toes-l23kjdh6m?shareToken=b3d320dea661d75aba6f3449f67076e6

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday's Links included  a RDB/NYCB review by Debra Craine, published online in the Times 2 section, under a First Night heading.  Out of interest, did anyone see it in a printed edition yesterday or this morning?  There has been no sign of it in the editions delivered here.

18 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

Yesterday's Links included  a RDB/NYCB review by Debra Craine, published online in the Times 2 section, under a First Night heading.  Out of interest, did anyone see it in a printed edition yesterday or this morning?  There has been no sign of it in the editions delivered here.

Not in my printed editions.

However, there is tableau from ENB's Sleeping Beauty in today's paper.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Ian Macmillan said:

We don't usually look at the Driving bits of the weekend papers for Links but, Lo, see what's in today's Sunday Times:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/me-and-mymotor-ballet-dancer-steven-mcrae-mjj09ff7t?shareToken=3cfd47ac8786af3e184737539da38ec9

In case anyone can't get the link to work, it is an article about Steven McRae and his Volvo estates.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Today's Times 2 supplement leads with a cover and 2-page spread on Natalia Osipova headlined ".. on the trials of being a Russian in London."  She talks to Debra Craine about "cruel jibes, body image and her new show, Pure Dance,"  Unfortunately, and  a little unusually, there's no Share Token to get behind the paywall.

• 1 year later...