Oh no...why now?!

Pups_mum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They changed the marking system for Advanced syllabi, so that the marks are in groups and single sections.  For instance pointe is still on its own and you have to get at least 4 for that to pass the exam, but there are 4 sections marked together (centre practise,ports de bras and pirouettes/adage/allegro/ free enchainements) for which you would have to get 16 out of 40 to pass.  Distinction is 75 and over, just like for the children's exams.  I am not sure if the new syllabi are going to be marked in the same way, but this is how the old syllabi were marked.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Proud mummy alert.......just got DD's Advanced1 result. She passed with a good merit. I know she will be a teeny bit disappointed as she had a distinction at advanced foundation last year but given the multiple disasters that befell her in the run up and on the day I think she should be jolly proud of herself. I am thrilled.

Hope there is good news for everyone else awaiting results too.

• Like 19

Really pleased to hear that. That's wonderful news considering everything. We haven't heard yet, must surely be out if you have yours from same session? On tender hooks now! If we don't here before DD wil see teacher Thurs and Fri so will get her to ask!

Thanks all, and well done to everyone else who has had results too. Fingers crossed for those still waiting. I had another nice surprise today as I had an email from school saying my son has been put on the gifted and talented list for music. No idea what that means really but it sounds good! Have to confess we opened a bottle of bubbly tonight and given that I don't normally drink I am currently feeling pleasantly chilled out!

• Like 7