Miracle

Royal Ballet Summer School.

My older DD did WL summer school years ago and it was really special at the end with all of the classes performing what they'd learned.  This time with three, hour long classes, I felt that all of the girls were tired, the class was very easy and there was no sense of occasion at the end.  That said, DD had a wonderful time and appreciated all of the corrections.

I do know that, in the past, parents have complained that they had hardly seen their child during the performance so I suppose that this is their compromise.

• Like 2

While it was nice to see my dd for longer, I agree that the girls were tired and got more tired as the classes went on. I'd much rather have seen a short demo that felt important to the school too. No introductions or a proper finish . It felt a bit of a let down.

• Like 2

I think a lot of the girls felt a little like that from listening to them.

I remember how exciting it was being introduced to the Director of the school and seeing them all receive their certificates and awards.  My older DD still has the mug they gave her   ;)

It was White Lodge and I felt the same. There were no introductions or sense of occasion and at the end the teacher just said safe journey and left. It was nice to watch the class but I preferred the demo at Paris that was introduced by the Artistic Director and felt important to them too.

Pointeyourtoes, I was there too. I had the same feeling. Nice (and long!) classes, but not very well organized. Confused lines during the exercises. The Paris demo was more smooth and ...professional. But I like very much the coffee moment ;). My daughter was in Green class.

Edited by vmmom

We missed coffee again vmmom! Mine was in red.

I would love to chat again to the lovely Australian lady whose daughter did so well ????

The girl in turquoise was offered a place (tall) and the one in grey (much smaller).  I liked the girl in red too

ah sorry, didn't see them.  Not sure if anyone from other years were offered places

Yes dd did two weeks.

I genuinely think it was to make sure everyone saw their child dance.

The girl in turquoise was offered a place (tall) and the one in grey (much smaller). I liked the girl in red too

Sorry for the messy message ;)

Angel are you talking about the green group? I think they offer some scholarship for the next RBSS in 2017 to some kids in various group.

Edited by vmmom

Sorry if I am being dim, is RBSS open to non vocational? X

Anyone can apply - getting in is another matter! They decide based on photos and information provided in the application form. I presume being a vocational student would be an advantage, to say the least, but non-voc can certainly apply. Their website says application details for summer 2017 will be available in September.

Edited by BlueLou

Vmmom they offered full time places in the red group. Assume there are no spaces in school in the other years of none were offered.

Were you in Green too vvmom? I think there was one girl in black that was very strong.

Yes Pointeyourtoes, my daughter was in Green. I think you are speaking about the German girl who is in 6th grade at Berlin School. Very strong tecnique for her age (14). ????

Vmmom they offered full time places in the red group. Assume there are no spaces in school in the other years of none were offered.

My daughter know they offer some place in red male group. They offer scholarship to an Italian girl but only for the next SI.

Perhaps we need to remember that we might be talking about children who could be identifiable from the information on here, and who may wish to remain anonymous :)

• Like 2

every time I make a comment it's wrong. Other people can have open and frank discussions but it would appear that I don't meet the standards to be involved in that. I will delete my account immediately

every time I make a comment it's wrong. Other people can have open and frank discussions but it would appear that I don't meet the standards to be involved in that. I will delete my account immediately

There is no need for such a kneejerk reaction. Taxi was quite rightly reminding ALL contributors about our forum rules, to which everyone must agree when they join. The rules around protecting the anonymity of minors are for child safety, and to prevent anyone accidentally "outing" someone else's child.

We do our utmost here to moderate consistently and fairly in order to uphold the forum rules and to keep the forum running smoothly. I did not feel that Taxi's comment was personal or aimed at anyone in particular.

If *everyone* could please ensure that their posts do not unintentionally identify other people's children then the thread can continue.

Many thanks.

• Like 4

Don't, Pointeyourtoes! Don't worry or take it to personal :)

My dd was also in that green group, I've been there. I know what you mean :) Don't see anything to 'private', there were a lots of girls in black and br. anyway :)

Also, I agree, it would be nicer if the presentation was on the Stage in M.F. Theatre studio, like last year with the speech of A.D. and certificate ceremony at the end! Also were two, even three persons per student allowed.

I'm so sorry you thought my comment was aimed at you personally - it genuinely wasn't - I was just remembering that there have been previous threads on the forum, when other people's children have been accidentally 'outed' by mistake, and many people prefer to remain anonymous.

• Like 4

Well I suppose only chance for being "outed" to any Parents whose children were actually on the course not to any other readers on the Forum!

All the talk of green groups and red groups and people wearing black leotards etc is mostly gobbledygook to most readers here I think!!

• Like 3