Royal Ballet Summer School.

Miracle

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

every time I make a comment it's wrong. Other people can have open and frank discussions but it would appear that I don't meet the standards to be involved in that. I will delete my account immediately

There is no need for such a kneejerk reaction. Taxi was quite rightly reminding ALL contributors about our forum rules, to which everyone must agree when they join. The rules around protecting the anonymity of minors are for child safety, and to prevent anyone accidentally "outing" someone else's child.

We do our utmost here to moderate consistently and fairly in order to uphold the forum rules and to keep the forum running smoothly. I did not feel that Taxi's comment was personal or aimed at anyone in particular.

If *everyone* could please ensure that their posts do not unintentionally identify other people's children then the thread can continue.

Many thanks.

• Like 4

every time I make a comment it's wrong. Other people can have open and frank discussions but it would appear that I don't meet the standards to be involved in that. I will delete my account immediately

Don't, Pointeyourtoes! Don't worry or take it to personal :)

My dd was also in that green group, I've been there. I know what you mean :) Don't see anything to 'private', there were a lots of girls in black and br. anyway :)

Also, I agree, it would be nicer if the presentation was on the Stage in M.F. Theatre studio, like last year with the speech of A.D. and certificate ceremony at the end! Also were two, even three persons per student allowed.

I'm so sorry you thought my comment was aimed at you personally - it genuinely wasn't - I was just remembering that there have been previous threads on the forum, when other people's children have been accidentally 'outed' by mistake, and many people prefer to remain anonymous.

• Like 4

Well I suppose only chance for being "outed" to any Parents whose children were actually on the course not to any other readers on the Forum!

All the talk of green groups and red groups and people wearing black leotards etc is mostly gobbledygook to most readers here I think!!

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

Good news ! Just to show it does happen !

one of my pupils got an email yesterday offering week 3 at White lodge summer school .

She was on the waiting list .

I hope there is good news for more of you soon

tutugirl

• Like 8

Can I just confirm but my email regarding the waiting list said to only click on the link if you wanted to be taken off the waiting list. It just said they would contact you if a place became available. I just clicked on the link & there were lots of options where you had to click that you have to choose to confirm your place on the waiting list.I did not do this, was I meant to?? So not actually even sure if my DD is actually on the waiting list!! not that she would have got a place anyway but now feel worried I have wrecked it for her!!

OMG - they really should have worded it better in the email! It does appear you needed to click it and accept waitlist. Although relieved to hear they assume all will want to be on it unless they hear otherwise. :huh:

I remember reading & re-reading it at the time & concluded that this year you clicked only to be removed off wait list....previous years (wait list veterans here!!) you had to reply to an email to stay on the wait list....I assumed that more want to stay on than leave list do they realised less admin to monitor if leaving required action rather than staying on list! Confused??? I know I am! Tutugirl - any chance you may know if your lucky wait lister with the place had done anything or had indeed just sat tight as the email wording instructions....my DD so so wants to just once live the WL dream & now am worried that my instinct to question the email instructions based on former years was one I should have clarified with a call/email....I didn't as I worried they by being an annoying question their email parent I might jeopardise her place on wsit list even!!! Oh the agonies of being a parent in this whole ballet-go-round!!

• Like 5

I know, I've gone through the link now and accepted, hope it didn't mean we hadn't accepted before! Oh well ...

Have seen a post on FB just now of another girl who has got place off the waiting list. It does happen.

Please don't panic, a lovely lady had emailed me & you did not need to click on link. Everyone that was offered waiting list is on the waiting list. Fingers crossed for everyone!!! although we have now just paid for a different summer course for the same week so would be a nightmare in the very unlikely event!! Are most people that get the summer course JA's etc??? Can a random outsider have a chance???

To go back in & click or not to click? That is now the question! Of all the UK kids (these quite possibly fewer in number than overseas students?) who are going or have been in past, all have been JA's & now this year several are either at WL or joining in Sept (the new school policy it seems encouraging current & future pupils to apply with it would appear a guarantee of a place.....wonder if they still had to pay the £25 application fee? Can't help feel that SS at prestigious voc schools/colleges etc should be specifically for those NOT already there/going....they have their chance to experience these wonderful places/teachers...be nice to share it around more & surely long term gain would be more inspired & challenged children whose passion for dance grows....now far more dreams are being quashed & cynicism at the huge sum generated by applications of which most will be futile is understandable...I know this sounds a bit sour grapes.....I do not wish to take away the success & happiness of those lucky chosen few - all will no doubt have an amazing time at SS!

Yes a gorgeous lad in my DD class was Year 6 JA,got Year 7 WL & has summer school place!Lucky him, he is amazing & the nicest boy you could ever meet. So hard not to be jealous!! we would be happy just to go to something once just to say we have been there,I guess they have an invested interest in the people & its good for them to get used to be away from home.Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the 632 places just to see how many places go to international, how many to JA etc just then to know a more realistic probability of chances. It must be so exciting if you are going what a week. We just booked a Ballet Boost course & DD is with her friends so she will be very happy. We should really just be concentrating on our 11+ realistically!!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dancer123 said:

Yes a gorgeous lad in my DD class was Year 6 JA,got Year 7 WL & has summer school place!Lucky him, he is amazing & the nicest boy you could ever meet. So hard not to be jealous!! we would be happy just to go to something once just to say we have been there,I guess they have an invested interest in the people & its good for them to get used to be away from home.Would be interesting to see a breakdown of the 632 places just to see how many places go to international, how many to JA etc just then to know a more realistic probability of chances. It must be so exciting if you are going what a week. We just booked a Ballet Boost course & DD is with her friends so she will be very happy. We should really just be concentrating on our 11+ realistically!!

It would be interesting to a breakdown of the places just to know whether or not it is worth paying another £25 to apply again next year after 2 years on the waiting list for my dd who is not a JA. Although we are UK there is no JA schemes within reasonable commutable distance that doesn't involve air travel so the costs of getting there would just be too much for us. We too have other summer schools booked which dd is really looking forward to but as a child who although she is not in vocational training at present she would like to be in the future it would have been nice for her to experience what it was like at White Lodge.

• Like 1

Being a JA didn't move you far up the list in our experience! ! 1 girl and 1 boy went from my dd class (some time ago now) each year and they were probably those being seriously considered for WL anyway. Being overseas is your best chance I think! Personally I think there are better ways to spend the application fee for most people......??.

• Like 2