NYB

Kat09

Results after final call backs are very quick. Definately within a week. Unfortunately my dd who has been a JA with NYB for the last 3 years didn't even get a recall this year. She is upset and disappointed but has grown a lot recently and does look more mature than the average 12 year old. She has really enjoyed the last three years but was really hoping to get into the main cast as in JA's there is a lot of hanging around waiting and a lot of skipping and jumping and at 12 she is capable of a lot more. She was hoping to get a chance of two weeks residential at Tring Park as her first chance of time away from home. Not sure where to go from here as feel it is too late to apply for summer schools! Guess a nice family holiday is now on the cards!

Sorry to hear that your DD was disappointed, Belleballerina. Even though it may simply be due to her recent growth spurt it must be hard to understand why, having been with NYB for three years, she didn't get a recall this year.

It isn't too late to apply for the Yorkshire Assembly (Louise Browne Yorkshire Scholarship Centre) summer school. It runs from 6-9 August at Queen Margaret's School in Escrick, York and my DD (she turns 12 next month) would highly recommend it! She has applied again this year, having loved it last year.

Hi Belleballerina

Sorry your daughter did not get a recall she must be really upset.

Note the suggestion from Legseleven but also she could try the Cecchetti Summer School, this is also held at Tring in the last week of July.

My daughter has been for the last few years and has enormous fun.

• Like 1

Hi Belleballerina - sorry to hear your dd did not get through this year.

Tell her not to give up it on it and try next year. My dd did the 11 days at Tring last year as a year 6 JA as we live so far away and loved it. Hope to see you there next year and hope you find a summer school for this year. A friend's dd went to York Scholars last year and enjoyed it.

From what I saw at final castings on Sunday there are less 'younger/smaller' ones this year but I believe there are very few parts suitable for this age group/size.

Good luck to all those waiting on news of a part. Hopefully won't be long now.

sorry to hear of your DDs disappointment Belleballerina. I suspect you are right in that it might be down to her growth spurt as my friends DD had similar experience aged 12/13 and then got back in again when her technique was on a par with the older girls her height. I would also reccommend the Yorkshire Assembly (Louise Browne Scholarship Centre). It was my DDs first residential summer school and she loved it so much she went back the following year. We certainly applied late as it was after she was unsuccessful at getting into NYB from the recall days that we started looking at an alternative plan for the summer. Give them a call if you are unsure as they are very friendly.

• Like 1

Well done to those with good news and commiserations to those who didn't get through.

I really think there are less places this year.

Good news in the Sniffymum household too though - need to do some busking now to cover the fees!!

• Like 4

Congratulations everyone (and commiserations to anyone reading this with bad news).

Takes me back about 8 years or so. My son danced with them as a JA for one year before he went to WL and my daughter for 2 years as a JA (plus a last-minute main part when someone was injured - right place, right time as she was often just sitting watching rehearsals waiting for her lift-share friend to finish). We all had a lovely time - the highlight for my son was dancing at Sadlers Wells - his first time on a big stage - gave him the taste for it and the drive to want to be a professional ballet dancer. And for my daughter the highlight was dancing at the Palladium - and seeing how cramped it was backstage!

• Like 6

Accommodation in Tonbridge 22 - 26th August. Hi has anyone stayed in the school house before? what are your opinions? As my DD is 14 it is necessary for me to stay too and I'm wondering whether to stay at the school or at The Best Western Rose and Crown. If anyone needs for someone to be there for their son/daughter rather than staying yourself please pm me - happy to help :)

Hi All4dancers ,the notification states that all under the age of 16 must have an parent or appointed adult (maybe the parent of another dancer) with them. I shall be staying over on 23 and 24th if that helps anyone out :)

we've staged at the rose & crown over the last few years, if you book early it normally works out cheaper. Also ask for a quiet room out in the new block, rooms are bigger and it's very quiet.

Hope you all have an amazing time, my Dd did the last 3 years but was unable to audition this year as the training clashed with a wedding, she was very upset but fingers crossed she will get to do it again next year and once again be with her wonderful friends and stay at Tring.

x

• Like 1