ROH Mad Hatters' dance-off...., November 2014

The Mad Hatter from The Royal Ballet’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland in a dance-off against The Mad Hatter from ZooNation’s brand new hip-hop dance show The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party.

WHO: Steven McRae, Principal dancer with The Royal Ballet and Turbo from ZooNation

The photo shoot was done before filming for a new video that will appear on the ROH website soon, highlighting the appearances of TWO Mad Hatters at the Royal Opera House this Christmas - on the main stage its Christopher Wheeldon's 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland' (with Steven McRae as the tap dancing Hatter) and ZooNation's 'Mad Hatter's Tea Party' in the Linbury, with Turbo as the eponymous Hatter.

15153706763_0d4a0e0dcf_z.jpg
Steven McRae and Turbo
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

15587963737_562c102f4e_z.jpg
Steven McRae and Turbo
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flick

See more...
Set from DanceTabs - Mad Hatters
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

By kind permission of the Royal Opera House

• Like 8

We are going to see the ZooNation show on 27th.

We all enjoyed "Some Like It Hip-Hop" at Sadler's Wells and I think the more contemporary style appeals to our younger son more than ballet would (he does gymnastics whereas his brother and sister are both dancers)

I've been looking out for trailers but so far I haven't seen anything. I did notice that ZooNation were advertising for a male dancer for this show and that rehearsals were due to start this month.