New DVDs/BluRays

News of 2 DVD/BluRays that I have been eagerly looking out for:

Bolshoi Marco Spada released on 24th November, on Amazon 

Royal Ballet's The Winter's Tale released on 1st January at the ROH and 5th January on Amazon, so after Christmas, which I'm hoping means it will be shown on TV first.

• Like 1

So am I.  But why the beginning of January?  (It'll have to go on my birthday present list, then).  Wouldn't it make more sense to have brought it out, say, in October so that people could buy it before they realised it was going to be on the TV?  I mean, it was recorded at the end of April, so I'd have thought 6 months would be enough.

I have a feeling that they have to wait until after the TV broadcast, often DVDs are issued the week after a programme, I remember last year I ordered the Bourne Sleeping Beauty for release before Christmas but it was then held back until January.

Looking forward! Winter's Tale isn't available for preorder at Amazon yet but I'll keep looking. It seems as though the same format works worldwide so hopefully it won't be necessary to jump through the hoops of Region 1 and Region 2 and whatnot.

I was surprised at the cast list, though. It's advertised as starring Ed Watson, Sarah Lamb, and Zenaida Yanowsky. Did someone forget that Lauren Cuthbertson was playing the female lead?

Edited by Melody