Prix de Lausanne 2015

Pas de Quatre

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear I thought I might be able to catch up on yesterday's Livestreaming selection event but some sort of message comes up about having some patience while something (a different version?) is being made available.

Well been patient for nearly 24hours now and nothing doing :(

Has anybody else tried to watch yesterday's selection Livestream with any success?

Ive normally being accessing everything via their Facebook page.

so lovely feedback from jury saying he was only just outside the finals- his inexperience in the comp led to the wobble in the classical - the jurors at that point all gave a great sigh of disappointment as they all had their fingers crossed for him to make the finals and knew he'd blown it. His class work made him one of the top boys, which is nice to hear.

He has 10 schools expressing interest who he has to talk to tomorrow.... So he's happy enough. Not so bad after only 3.5 years training I guess...

Edited by CeliB
  • Like 22

This is wonderfully cheering news CeliB :) he must have been so mad with himself for not quite pulling off his classical bit ......well for the jurors ....I bet it's pretty good anyway........IF ONLY I COULD SEE IT! .......and the other performances .

Perhaps they are intending bringing this out as a DVD so won't be able to watch it for free now!! I'd still buy it though!!

I don't usually comment on people's DS and DD other than their dancing but I just can't help thinking that little Bianca Scudamore (102) who has made it to Finals is just the sweetest little girl! Just want to pick her up and hug her whenever I see her talking.

I guess I'm showing my lack of children/grandchildren side :(

• Like 1

so lovely feedback from jury saying he was only just outside the finals- his inexperience in the comp led to the wobble in the classical - the jurors at that point all gave a great sigh of disappointment as they all had their fingers crossed for him to make the finals and knew he'd blown it. His class work made him one of the top boys, which is nice to hear.

He has 10 schools expressing interest who he has to talk to tomorrow.... So he's happy enough. Not so bad after only 3.5 years training I guess...

Whoop Whoop !!!! :)

Apparently, they will upload the variations from the selections next week.

Congratulations to your son, CeliB, what lovely feedback to have! Unfortunate for the wobble in the classical but I loved the crispness and precision in his movement. Didn't get to see his contemporary but will look forward to it next week! Good luck to him for the future.

I'm rooting for Rina Kanehara from my former school in the final! 

Edited by invisiblecircus
  • Like 2

That's wonderful feedback CeliB. I am sorry your DS has been disappointed on this occasion but something tells me that we are all going to be saying in the future "I remember when his mum used to post on the same forum as me",when he reaches his full potential. I am sure he is destined for great success.

Edited by Pups_mum
  • Like 1

So well done to Harrison Lee for winning the main scholarship at the Prix.

I voted for him for the Audience Prize hoping he would get something but has done even better than expected.

I did manage to catch up with all the final performances a few minutes before all the announcements were made luckily though that meant missing the professionals performance.

What struck me so much was when watching the same choreography with different dancers in both the girls and boys sections how each of them managed to bring something different to my attention ......from within the music.....so even though Ive seen the pieces several times Ive suddenly been drawn to a particular movement or emphasis in the music that I didn't notice before.

To me that shows just how talented these youngsters are......already turning into artists.

In this series in fact Ive actually enjoyed the contemporary bits more than the classical bits.

Beautiful classical dancing though from Harrison ....and he and another boy........there were no names given to the candidates in the catch up I was watching......made me cry in the Greek music contemporary piece.

Just got to see Fridays Livestream now but could do,with a day off myself now!!

• Like 3

The finals today started at 2pm....Nothing in the morning (depending of course where you are in the world !) Yesterday the pre selections started in the morning and continued until late afternoon. Well done to everyone involved. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the coaching sessions, the candidates performing yesterday and the finals today. Very happy for Harrison, what a lovely young dancer, and (from a slightly biased point of view ;) ) also Miguel and Mitsuro. Loved Cynthia Harvey's round up speech when she mentioned that it is not possible to quantify or judge dance by -" how many, how much"- (or something along those lines). 

• Like 3

Billyelliott if you go their FACEBOOK page and scroll down a bit you should see what they call the 43rd Prix Selections(for the final)

It's very irritating though as nobody tells you the names of the candidate about to dance so unless you recognise them you won't have a clue

I remembered some of their numbers! ......though they're not wearing them in the finals of course......So then had to look up who they were on the candidate numbers sheet but didn't know all of them and one of the boys doing the contemporary I thought was very moving.......not the actual contemporary prize winner ......though of course he was brilliant too .......and being judged overall in the competition not just on that particular performance.

Hope it works for you I'll check it now too!

• Like 1

Hi Billyelliott Ive just checked and it is working from their Facebook page so you can catch up with the finals now if you haven't already.

Interestingly their names are coming up now before they go on ......which they weren't when watching earlier!! Strange.

Just to say I thought Julian Mackays classical solo was superb too.

I'm going to find the name of the contemporary boy I thought was very good today ......he looked South American but not sure.

Yes he was lovely too but my "South American" turned out to be Shogo Hayami from Japan!!

When I saw the finalist earlier today there were no names given ......though they are there now.......just watched again ....but obviously I don't know my Japanese from my Portuguese/Brazilian/ Spanish et al!!

Really I thought ALL the candidates were good in the contemporary pieces and I really liked the choreography for all the pieces this year but my favourite was "Solo for Diego" I think it's called to the Greek music. I think there is a lot of humour in this piece which could be brought out more even.

Anyway they have announced that they will be putting all the candidates solos.....not just the winners ones....on YouTube next week so will catch up with others then.

My friend in Sydney's DD is over the moon about Harrison Lee!!

She partnered him at a summer school there a couple of years ago and has liked him ever since ........hence telling me to look out for him at the Prix and that I would be impressed!! She was right of course but then I was impressed with ALL of the candidates anyway as I usually am with Prix dancers. I would think most taking part in this can have a career in Dance eventually if they want it.

• Like 3

So I thought you lovely supportive folks might like an update after the networking session.The session was for everyone (finalists and non finalist who didn't win a prize). DS arrived earliest and was still there at least an hour after everyone else had finished as he had so many to see (10 of the 13 schools/companies who were there). He has been offered ENBS, Dresden (Youth company on a scholarship), ABT (Youth company), Munich (company), Queensland (company), Hamburg (youth company), Het National (school with subsidy and accommodation, leading to youth company) and a couple of other schools I forget as DH couldn't even remember them all. Most people he talked to were astounded at his length of training time.

Interestingly RB didn't want to see him, even though by all accounts Chris P spent the entire audition class watching DS almost exclusively. I suspect therefore that the Russian style doesn't suit RB. At least 4 other companies expressed astonishment that RB hadn't snapped him up.

Anyway DS is very very happy (though shattered). I think it has been a marvellous experience and almost one of the best things is he has realised he should trust himself over his teachers- and that they aren't perhaps infallible- a really valuable life lesson.

Yes he has been put in for YAGP (mainly support his partner in the PDD).

Will let you know what he decides :)

• Like 32

Wow CeliB that is completely amazing!! How on earth will he make up his mind!!

Having some financial support with the offer must be of help though!

Oh well RBS 's great loss at this stage as far as I'm concerned!! ......just shows you they don't always get it right but I suppose they do have some criteria of their own they are going by initially and some dancers turned down initially by them do end up dancing with the Company eventually! Isn't Muntagirov a typical example?

Anyway some truly Fab offers there ......more nail biting time!!

I do know a bit about what Harrison would like but can't say here of course.

• Like 4