Prix de Lausanne 2015

Pas de Quatre

Wifi time over till I get home tonight!

However I did note that at the beginning of live streaming they announced that there is going to be a PDF file available on the website with all the candidates names and NUMBERS!

This was one of the points I raised but didn't answer in the email!!

Looks like many others have been asking for this and they have responded so well done them!!

I have the sheet with names and numbers so if theres anyone you are particularly interested in let me knowing I can tell you who it is or what their number is!

• Like 1

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is looking fine and confident enough to ask a question which is great......but I would particularly like to see him doing something more classical as he does excel more in this style I think.

I still can't get over seeing him a young man now ......no longer a boy!

I'm still looking out for a young lady now who trains where my friends DD in Sydney attends ....Olivia Betteridge.

There was a very good Korean (male) dancer in the livestream today(have only seen half of it though)

I hope we are going to see some class work before the end of it all

• Like 1

I've got back to my hotel room after a busy day and I'm desperately trying to treat myself to a video episode. I've already watched Monday's episode (as a video, not live) but when I try to click on the Tuesday or Wednesday links I just get Monday again. This is on on both my laptop and phone. Anyone else had this problem?

CeliB, I only caught up with the coaching session a little while ago, but agree with LinMM...when your boy asked (so politely :) ) a 'quick question' at the end of his session I just thought, oh bless him ! He looks lovely and will learn sooo much (and as others have said) what an achievement just to be there. :) xxx

• Like 2

spoke to him last night- he's really happy, says he's learned a huge amount, absolutely LOVES the contemporary piece and the teacher (the one who was coaching in the live stream) and is looking forward to the performance of this piece most of all- which is a real change of heart for him. Glad to have made it through the week without collapsing. Had a nice chat with the director of ENBS who was gently sounding him out about his plans for next year, so feels good about that. Altogether very focussed, calm and not at all bothered about the outcome :)

• Like 11

Such a pleasure to see so many wonderful candidates, but in particular your ds CeliB.  Here's hoping he does well.

I may be slow, but seeing the photos on the Prix fb page this morning I have finally worked out the numbering system.  Numbers beginning with 1 are Girls group A, 2 are Boys group A, 3 are Girls group B and 4 are Boys Group B.  Those in Groups A are the younger ones, Groups B are the older ones.

Edited for error

Edited by Pas de Quatre

Am sat glued to my computer, coffee in hand(!)  and loving every second. Missed the group A girls but saw the group A boys do their classical variation. Lee Harrison from Australia stood out for me. Now looking forward to watching the Brits when it resumes at 11. We know the girl from Ballet West in Scotland so will be cheering her on as well as your son CeliB. I fear not much is going to get done in the house today as I am loathe to tear myself away from the screen!

• Like 2

I'm also enjoying watching the highlights with my dd at night - can't get time to watch it live during the day.

Wishing your son all the best CeliB! What a brilliant experience to be in that beautiful city with such high quality coaching and peers :).

Yetanotherdancemum, my dd took part in summer schools with Harrison Lee and also competed alongside him in Aus. We are pleased to see him at Prix, he is a real gentleman and an inspiring young dancer.

I haven't seen enough to know the full picture, but it seemed that the variations we saw required a lot of control rather than showy tricks - quite refreshing :)

• Like 1

The contemporary variations were wonderful! Particularly enjoyed the Solo for Diego choreography. Different dancers stood out for me in this round from the classical round. Would not like to be a judge! As you say Lottie time to get some work done then back to the screen to watch the 17 & 18 year olds. Pastel lovely to hear your feedback about Harrison. It's even more exciting to watch when you know someone competing!

• Like 1

Loving the opportunity to watch the live classical variations - the wonders of modern technology.Can' t believe how well the live streaming through my iPad is working mirrored onto my home TV here in the middle of nowhere.Delighted to have a Friday off.

• Like 3

Such a pleasure to see so many wonderful candidates, but in particular your ds CeliB.  Here's hoping he does well.

I may be slow, but seeing the photos on the Prix fb page this morning I have finally worked out the numbering system.  Numbers beginning with 1 are Girls group A, 2 are Boys group A, 3 are Girls group B and 4 are Boys Group B.  Those in Groups A are the younger ones, Groups B are the older ones.

Edited for error

Also they are in strict age order- e.g. the youngest in each category are 101, 201, 301 and 401.... Group A 15-16y, Group B 17-19y

• Like 2

Sorry slow on the uptake here and little people stopping me reading back. Finally managed to get on today and catch 17yrs plus classical solos (CeliB great to see ur son in action) is there any way of watching the younger ones classical solos back or any other solos? Assuming they have danced. Thank you.

Looking forward to a marathon catch up session tomorrow - will plug the laptop into the big tv screen, see as much of the daily links on Youtube as I can, and then watch the finals live.

Thanks CeliB that is interesting about all the numbers being in age order, appearances can be deceptive so it is nice to know whether a candidate is one of the younger or the older ones.

• Like 2

Oh dear I thought it was only the finals they were completely Livestreaming so have missed the older boys classical selections.

I just hope they show on YouTube tomorrow now!!

They are all so talented and I can see its a pretty exhausting week with all the different classes and coaching sessions and then keeping up with general practising and remembering what the coaches have said to you and so on.

It's sometimes difficult when you are tired to keep positive all the time but most of them are being extremely mature about it all wonderful to see in such young people

• Like 4

So glad Harrison Lee got through! And Ive had my eye on both the girls Rebecca Blenkinsop and Bianca Scudamore so great for them too! There's a great range in ability of candidates in this competition as some of the younger ones have only just got Intermediate level so obviously their potential is what is being spotted.

No luck this time for your son CeliB but he will go far in the future I have no doubt about it at all!

It's a bit sad when the finalists are announced in a way as you can sense so many of the others will be disappointed after having worked so hard but no doubt will have gained in confidence in other ways from the experience. What a thing to look back and say you took part in!

Now to catch up with it all I think my partner would like to parcel me off to a hotel for the week when this is on so perhaps next year Lausanne for the week?

• Like 2

I agree with you Lin. Thought Harrison Lee and Rebecca blenkinsop have massive potential. Also thought some of the south Koreans were beautiful. I really enjoyed your sons contemporary solo CeliB - was working for the boys classical solos! I am sure he will have benefitted massively from the experience.

• Like 2

Yes agree about the Koreans I thought number 418 was sure to go through but he didn't .....but there you are.

I'm assuming in South Korea they do have a more Russian style training.

I know our Brighton teacher I'm pretty sure did some teaching there some years ago now though.

Well DS is fairly sanguine; he knows he didn't nail the classical piece (nerves, first competition ever, only 2/3 weeks prep) and had warmed a bit by the contemp which he was happier with, but damage done by then. Mainly he feels incredibly enthused to go back and work harder- he always knew he was a long shot and I think it just shows that he was right to say he needs another year at voc school- there is just no mistaking the technical perfection of 5/6 years training Vs 3 (and he lost most of last year through injury...). Plus he admits he clearly wasn't prepared enough when he hears how much the others have been practising their solos! 

For those interested in the process he now gets detailed one on one feedback from the jury and then the non finalists do a class watched by all the heads of schools and companies after which they express interest in specific students, who then come and speak with them at the networking event.

An interesting bit of info that I didn't know is that its the top 5 in each age group who go through- which is why you may be confused about why some the younger less accomplished contestants got chosen over the apparently better, older ones....

Edited to say ha ha well obviously not 100% true as one category has 4 and one has 6- but that's what DH was told- evidently it's on or about 5.....

Edited by CeliB
  • Like 11