Prix de Lausanne 2015

Pas de Quatre

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too!!

It's just that as it is LIVE one doesn't want to use that time seeing things from the past!! That could be on a different thread!

One wants to see as much LIVE action as possible as it's only for a short time really.

Hopefully they will eventually appear on YouTube so it will be possible to catch up with bits missed.

Well here goes hoping things actually work today!

• Like 1

Ive messed up again to day with timings!! Must be my aged brain ......but on their website it said the live streaming was to be at

4pm (GMT +1)

Well we are in GMT at mo so wasn't sure whether it meant 4pm or 5pm!!

When I tuned in at 4 to be on the safe side it was just finishing.

I know the Swiss are an hour ahead but now I see what the above time means finally doh!! Their time 4pm which is minus one for UK!

So 3-4pm for us! Oh well tomorrow then

One good thing is I caught up with the first half of yesterday live streaming on YouTube.

It seems very weighted towards the girls at mo and I miss the past years "what's happen in today". And "on the spot" blog videos......they don't seem to be doing these this year so I think in the end will be seeing less of the candidates unfortunately.

I think I caught a tantalising glimpse of your DS CeliB in the background ......in class but will message you for what I think his number is but to be honest unless today of course there was more on the boys ....yesterday there wasn't much.

I'm looking out for a couple of Australians from Sydney as well that Ive been asked to look out for by friends there!! So ....so far all a bit frustrating!!

• Like 2

he's 404- I asked previously for permission to identify him and he said yes so hope its ok to give this info (since he's the only british boy it wouldn't be hard to work it out anyway!)

edited to say I spotted him for a microsecond at 16.10- on the far left third from front.

Was a bit disappointing to only see girls....

Edited by CeliB
  • Like 4

That's what I thought!! Same here just a quick spot of him.

I really hope things will pick up with this live streaming but you can at least catch up with it on Youtube the next day.

I'd probably like constant live streaming coming from all the different activities so you can dip in and out when have time but realise this is not very practical but it would be nice to see at least one whole class from the groups of boys and girls before the end of the week!!

One hour a day though is not really enough for this competition I think.

• Like 3

It is very interesting to watch and I agree girl heavy. It is clearly a good way to get exposure - it must be an amazing experience. Will look for 404!

I found the girls practising solos on stage most interesting - it is good to see a wide range of dc - not just those who get YouTube exposure.

I struggled with the girls contemporary class - I don't know anything about it at all so that's probably why.

I agree with you Lin, one hour a day definitely not enough! So much going on that you only see a tiny amount, and a bit disappointed that very focused on the girls. While they are lovely to watch, a bit more of a contrast would be better. Maybe we get more boys in the next couple of days.

• Like 1

Ive just caught up with one of the Australians Harrison Lee he is quite young but looking good.....no 204......better check that my memory is terrible anyway back to the livestream .....not so bad now know can catch up the next day though.

Also just seen your DS introduce himself CeliB......when will we see him dance.....so frustrating

Ive sent an email to Prix de Lausanne saying we are not seeing enough of current candidates!

I really don't want to waste time seeing the judges past performances .......if they are going to interview them then ask more about their judging skills and how will go about this etc.

It's obvious they are filming quite a bit of this so in the end I don't see why there can't be several live streams from the different classes/coaching sessions etc ...which you can choose to watch the one you want etc!

Sorry keep moaning but I don't think the Coleridge is that good at all so far still!!

• Like 3

At last CeliB!! A whole 5-6 mins with your DS in a coaching session!!

If you haven't seen it yet it's about 50 mins into the livestream .....(was about 15.50 -56) roughly!! Enjoy!

I quite like this particular piece as choreography.....will watch again tomorrow anyway!

I'm also trying to follow Cooper Cridland from Sydney.

• Like 3

Last year this time I barely knew much outside my daughter's small studio in Co. Clare Ireland, let alone even heard of the Prix de Lausanne! While looking for a summer experience for my daughter in Oregon where my parents live, I looked for RAD schools, but the teacher here said to try other styles, like American Ballet Theater etc, and I had no idea what that was or what she meant. That started me on a journey to learn a little more about the world my daughter seemed determined to enter and it has been a real learning experience!!

It is exciting to be able to watch the Prix this year and see the son of a forum member! Well done to your DS CeliB what an amazing accomplishment to be there, he looks GREAT!

• Like 2

I do not think this format works 40 odd minutes of coaching a contemporary solo !! would like to see more class work (edited of course ) so to see more competitors ,ballet coaching about 2 mns today ,and after seeing the ballet girls solos yesterday wanting to see Mademoiselle Loudiere's comments as I felt they could do 3 or 4 pirouettes the épaulemant ,focus and artistry was lacking ,I did spot an Australian young lady with huge potential (no relation of mine before !!!)

I agree less of the judges competition  videos and i'm sure Miss Cuthbertson had more interesting things to say than was was broadcast .

• Like 1

Will have to wait until tomorrow to see it- thanks all for the pointers though. DS says he's exhausted, but today everyone has started relaxing a bit and the atmosphere is a bit less strained and competitive. He is finding the very long contemp classes hard. Managing to eat vast amounts (he had 3 dinners yesterday!) and get to bed early though, so all good.

DH and DD off to see him tomorrow... :)

Edited by CeliB
  • Like 12

Enjoyed yesterday's coverage. Really like the boys' contemporary solo we saw being coached and fascinated how very very differently the boys dance it! Great to see your son finally CeliB and also our candidate from Scotland introducing herself even if we haven't managed to see anything of her dancing yet...the luck of the draw I guess depending on what's happening when the Live stream starts. Planning to be glued to Friday's coverage!

I am missing "video blogs" they used to put on.... because of the timing, I haven't yet managed to watch the live stream,  :(

Wonder why they decided to scrap the video blogs... unfair exposure/extra pressure for those who were chosen?  But I really miss them.

• Like 2

Yes I agree with you Mimi there did seem to be more coverage that way .....hopefully they will get this livestream right by next year!!

They did reply to,my email.....the next day.....which was very good I thought.....but only answered one of the three points raised.

Yesterday one of the judges was being interviewed by a very obviously young interviewer and was asked if she wanted to see a clip of her Prix Contemporary piece and she said "no not really" but they showed it anyway!!

You can catch up with livestream on YouTube though.

• Like 1

Wifi time over till I get home tonight!

However I did note that at the beginning of live streaming they announced that there is going to be a PDF file available on the website with all the candidates names and NUMBERS!

This was one of the points I raised but didn't answer in the email!!

Looks like many others have been asking for this and they have responded so well done them!!

• Like 1

Ah yes Julian looks like the number one boy from what I have seen. Though I comfort myself with the fact that DS has only had 3 years training compared with Julian's 4 or 5 ( he's been at the Bolshoi a while hasn't he?) so there's no shame in being a bit behind technically... DSs first teacher always did say it would take him until 18 to catch up....

• Like 2