Press Release: Spring /Summer Season 2015 at Sadler's Wells

The Spring / Summer 2015 Season at Sadler’s Wells

The Spring / Summer 2015 season is on sale from Monday 10 November 2014 at 10am

Sadler’s Wells & Lilian Baylis Studio Ticket Office: 0844 412 4300

The Peacock Ticket Office: 0844 412 4322 or sadlerswells.com

To view the Spring / Summer 2015 season brochure click here

An interactive iPad version of the Sadler’s Wells season brochure is available for free download – search ‘Sadler’s Wells’ on the Apple App store. For more information: sadlerswells.com/iPadApp

Ugh, I HATE ISSUU - it's dreadful. And now there's some sort of reader error so I can't even read it. And as far as I can see you can't actually download the file, so you have to read it online. All the time. Including, in my case a few months ago, when I was travelling to a trade fair and trying to do a last minute check-up on exhibitors via the exhibition programme, when on the Tube, between stations, with no WiFi :(

Why can't SW just produce a huge long press release like everyone else?

A potted list of what is coming:

9 & 10 January:                  The Royal Danish Ballet

14 – 18 January:                BalletBoyz

16 January:                          =dance Magpie Dance

22 & 23 January:               Plexus

26 & 27 January:               Richard Alston Dance Company

27 January – 14 February:  Tango Fire

2 & 3 February:                 Jonathan Burrows and Matteo Fargion

5 – 8 February:                  The Associates

7 February:                       Questions and Dancers

10 & 11 February:           Ultima Vez

13 & 14 February:           Wayne McGregor | Random Dance

16 February  – 1 March:                 Flamenco Festival

17 – 28 February:            Cirque Éloize

4 – 29 March:                   Rasta Thomas’ Romeo & Juliet

5 & 6 March:                    TWERK

10 – 15 March:                   English National Ballet

18 March:                         Wild Card - Casson & Friends

20 & 21 March:                  Candoco Dance Company

21 March:                         =dance Equation

22 March:                        =dance Corali

24 – 28 March:               Northern Ballet

31 March – 2 April:        Scottish Ballet

2 – 12 April:                     English National Ballet and English National Ballet School

3 & 4 April:                      Family Weekend

10 April:                           National Youth Dance Company

15 – 26 April:                  Tanztheater Wuppertal Pina Bausch

23 – 26 April:                  London Children’s Ballet

24 April :                           Wild Card – Katye Coe

2 & 3 May:                       Breakin’ Convention

5 – 23 May:                     Titanium

9 May:                              BBC Young Dancer 2015

12 – 16 May:                   Rambert

19 & 20 May:                  Boris Charmatz

20 May:                             Director’s Conversation Alistair Spalding & Boris Charmatz

22 & 23 May:                 Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker, Boris Charmatz & Amandine Beyer

26 – 31 May:                  Sylvie Guillem

28 & 29 May:                 Hetain Patel

4 – 6 June:                      Alain Platel, Fabrizio Cassol, Rodriguez Vangama & Serge Kakudji

9 – 13 June:                   Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui -  m¡longa

9 June – 12 July:           The 7 Fingers

16 – 18 June:                Philippe Decouflé Company DCA

20 – 28 June:                Paco Peña Flamenco Dance Company

30 June – 5 July:          TOROBAKA

7 – 11 July:                    INALA

8 – 11 July:                    Dutch National Ballet

14 July – 9 August:      Matthew Bourne’s The Car Man

16 – 19 July:                 Latitude Festival

24 – 25 July:                 Hercules

• Like 2

grr, why do they wait so long to announce their season?? The last week of March/beginning of April would be great to organize a trip to London, but now I'm committed to Vienna and Prague instead (I know, I know, cry me a river, but still, it would be better to know what all one's options are).

• Like 2

There is a notice on the SW website that says they are 'loading tickets between 9.00 am and 10.00 am' (whatever that means) .... and that tickets for the season as so kindly listed by Janet above goes on sale at 10.00 am today.  

Just now tried to go in and book .... seems it may be taking them a little longer ... 

Now working .... Got in and it goes into one of those enchanting queuing systems :)    Although with an opening gambit of 209 it is nothing like the old days of the ROH and being usually placed over 1,000 .... :) .... or even the razor sharp bite of the opening day of the ENO Sweeney :) 

Edited by Bruce Wall

It does seem to work pretty well once you get through the queue.  However, for me it didn't apply the 20% discount for booking two or more qualifying shows.  I just went ahead and completed my purchase to secure the tickets and will try to sort out the discount later in the day when there is less pressure on the box office.  Worth watching out for, though.

There are one or two events like the Anne Maguire Gala on March 22nd that were not in the brochure and don't seem to be able to be booked at this stage despite having a "Book tickets" button.

There are one or two events like the Anne Maguire Gala on March 22nd that were not in the brochure and don't seem to be able to be booked at this stage despite having a "Book tickets" button.

I would imagine that is - understandably - a private rental ... and not under the aegis of SW's umbrella itself ... which would explain it not being in the first flush of the general booking.  

Funny, I seem to have got my 20% discount this time round ... and even applied a gift voucher (itself being a credit for not receiving the discount on a previous booking).  

(NB:  If you don't manually remove the £2.00 in the donation segment ... you will be charged).  

I joined the queue at #309 at around 1005.  Decided not to hang around and took Chunkydog for a walk instead.  Got home around 1120 and booked what I wanted, including getting the multibuy discount.  

I'm very disappointed that there are no matinees for a couple of shows I wanted to book, so I have not booked them.  The booking process itself was painless.

The Dutch National Ballet in July (Cinderella) is at the Coliseum and seems well booked although probably SW only has a small proportion, couldn't access the Coli website for error messages, so went ahead and booked through SW, also got 1 ENB even though no casting is available, in order to get the 20% discount.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to book for the Danish Ballet but does anyone have any experience of what the £18 tickets at the back of the stalls in the Peacock Theatre are like? I've only been there once and it was years ago so I don't really have any memories of it. Also, what are the £18 tickets at the side of the circle like or the £30 seats near the front of the stalls?  many thanks   Joan

I want to book for the Danish Ballet but does anyone have any experience of what the £18 tickets at the back of the stalls in the Peacock Theatre are like? I've only been there once and it was years ago so I don't really have any memories of it. Also, what are the £18 tickets at the side of the circle like or the £30 seats near the front of the stalls?  many thanks   Joan

Joan I have sometimes sat with a critic friend who is in a wheelchair at the back of the stalls on the sides at the Peacock ... and I've never had any trouble seeing .... You get a full stage view (close ups with field glasses in my case - opera glasses for the poor I call them) and benefit from a slight rake which lower down in the stalls is much less noticeable ... especially if you have a tall head standing in front of you.  I think you'd be AOK with the £18 side specials.  (Plus if it is not full ... which it often hasn't been in my experience ... you can seek a better alternative at the interval.)  Just my take, Joan.  Take it as you will.  Cheers, Bruce

Edited by Bruce Wall