ROH Ladies lavatories

AnneMarriott

I find the provision of hand cream quite bizarre. In most places you was your hands then have to move elsewhere to dry them and, by the time you get back to use the cream someone else is at the sink so you can't get to it! If hand cream is to be provided then perhaps it should be placed by the towels/driers.

• Like 2

Not quite sure what that has to do with the ladies' bathroom at the ROH.  Please stay on topic.

You were the one who raised the topic of how your tax is spent, so you must expect a response.  

I'd like to see hand cream dispensers too, they used to have them at Glyndebourne, but have sadly stopped them, but then Glyndebourne doesn't have a subsidy and no doubt needs to economize. I imagine with all their re-building plans the ROH is rolling in dosh, so a few bottles of hand cream wouldn't come amiss.

They used to have them at Sadler's Wells, too, but soon got rid of them.  I really think hand cream is for smartish restaurants and other venues rather than theatres.

Not everyone has to be in a wheelchair to use the disabled loos. There are people with stoma bags and others have to use a catheter much easier in the bigger space of a disabled loo .......though it does depend .....some ordinary loos are not too bad.

I hope the mother took it up with the NT about her problem with the baby changing table. Things should be designed to work properly in practical use and not there just to tick some box or other.

People seem much more impatient generally these days though.

• Like 2

I have to say Ive occasionally used the "men's" loo in those situations where there are just two loos with one labeled "ladies" and the other "men's" as long as they look pretty similar inside I'd rather do this than wait in a queue.

Once on holiday in Spain on a coach excursion there was a queue of about twenty ladies and nobody in the men's queue so I used the men's there. After that others did too!

I have noticed in cafes etc with little space there is a trend to have just one loo for all and this is a disabled one. But if someone said to me do you mind if I go first as I have a problem it would be fine.

I have to say Ive occasionally used the "men's" loo in those situations where there are just two loos with one labeled "ladies" and the other "men's" as long as they look pretty similar inside I'd rather do this than wait in a queue.

Once on holiday in Spain on a coach excursion there was a queue of about twenty ladies and nobody in the men's queue so I used the men's there. After that others did too!

I've done that on several occasions, Lin. 

I get my husband to check first to make sure there is nobody at the urinals!