'Ballet Spectacular' book launch

The Royal Ballet have co-published a new ballet book (aimed at children from 3 to 83) called 'Ballet Spectacular'. Has info on the repertoire, back stage processes (make-up, costumes, basic steps, etc), and lots of lovely photos.

We were at the launch in Waterstones on Piccadilly, and here are a few photos:

14968217363_4b9964b416_z.jpg
Ballet Spectacular - with Lauren Cuthbertson, Marcelino Sambe and Yasmine Naghdi
© Dave Morgan. Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

See more...
Set from DanceTabs - Royal Ballet: ‘Ballet Spectacular’ book launch
Courtesy of DanceTabs / Flickr

By kind permission of the Royal Opera House

• Like 6

Its such a wonderful book,  when I was visiting London in early October (went to see the 5th October matinee performance of RB in Manon) I brought a copy from the ROH shop, its such a happy book and so many gorgeous photos and illustrations! 

When I feel a bit meh and the weather is just uninspiring it is just the tonic.

• Like 1

It's an attractive-looking book, certainly: rather a shame that it's aimed at children, though :) I had a quick flip through in the ROH Shop yesterday: did I really see that there was a "becoming a ballerina" section but not an equivalent one for boys? If so, that's very disappointing in this day and age.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you can pay by Mastercard, Amazon currently has a "£5 off a £10 spend" offer with a discount code on most items which are sold and distributed by Amazon, with some exclusions - See http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?docId=1000842343 ). This brings down the cost of Ballet Spectacular to £6.64.

Yaffa (with no connection to MasterCard or Amazon, just passing on the info)