Rambert (School) Auditions for September 2015 and beyond.

Miracle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your coments, it's just one mad rush now to get things sorted, have just done student finance on line and now trying to find some accommodation!!! If anyone know of any flat shares or anything else I would be very grateful of the information as I am starting to panic a bit now!!! He has requested to join the fb page and is still waiting for admin to accept him, maybe there will be someone on there looking for a flatmate!! Xx

DD is at work at the moment, but I think she will be able to add him to the FB group as she is already a member. Why don't you PM me his name so that she can try? Unfortunately I don't know of anyone looking for a flat mate. Have you thought about Homestay? My DD isn't doing it, but the lady seemed very nice when I spoke to her.

• Like 1

Thanks all, things are coming together.. He has found a flat just 7 mins walk from school which is above a shop. There will be 3 other rambert students sharing from 2nd year!! Also had email saying his student finance had been approved ???????? we are going up on sat to view the flat and then he will move in on tue the 1st!! It's all coming around very fast!!! My head feels like it's going to explode with all the forms and phone calls lol have managed to order the books but they may be a bit late arriving,, but all in all we are doing good!! Xx

• Like 10

Well that's it, my son is all packed and ready for the journey up to London tomorrow to start living his dream.. If someone would have said to me 2 weeks ago that all this was going to happen I wouldn't have believed them!! It's been a mad 2 weeks but also a great 2 weeks!!! I am going to miss him terribly but know deep down that he is going to have the best time of his life.. Once again I want to thank you all for your support and words of encouragement over the past months.???? xxx

• Like 24

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just after some advise. When my soñ was offered a place at rambert we were asked to pay 300 deposit. He has been given student finance which will pay for the full tuition fees so how do I go about getting the 300 back?? Do I get it back from rambert or student finance?? Thanks xxx

Hi Joemill, hope your son is having a great time so far!

As far as the deposit is concerned, I seem to remember that it was paid back fairly quickly by Rambert, and I think it went straight into dd's account! But this was 2 years ago so I may not have remembered correctly. Why don't you give the office a ring and ask them so you know for definite - and if it does go to your son you can get it back before it disappears ;))

• Like 2

I rang too late in the day to speak to the finance officer, but spoke to someone in the office.

Apparently the money is refunded to the student's account. The lady wasn't sure when (she originally said later this year) but is going to get the finance officer to call me tomorrow.

• Like 1