Rambert (School) Auditions for September 2015 and beyond.

Miracle

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Funny reading all this as I was in the same waiting position last year. This was compounded by dd being placed on the reserve list and not knowing until 2nd week of May of her acceptance. Good luck everyone and keep calm xx

• Like 2

Oh osmum it's driving me mad, just need to get to the end of April so we know either way cos just stuck in limbo at the mo. My ds has got an audition on the 14th at northern contemporary and then the recall with rambert on the 30th. Glad your dd got accepted, is she enjoying rambert? X

• Like 1

Hi, my son is thinking about auditioning for Rambert however wonders what style of contempary they do and also if he is lucky enough to get an interview how long is it, with whom and what things do they ask.

Thanks for all info.

Hi flowers, I do believe that the closing date for applications for rambert was Tues 7th of April. The interview was that long about 20 mins to half hour ish and they just asked things like why do u think u are suitable for the school and about what They knew about the school. Also what choreographer they liked and why etc x

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all- did anyone go to the Rambert reserves recall audition on 30th or hear of anyone who has gone?  Wondering if there is any movement on the offers as a result.  My dd still on a waiting list - couldn't get to the recall.

• Like 1

Hi all its been very quiet on here lately,, my son attend the recall audition on the 30th of April. There were a total of 7 boys there. He girls were in the morning. Because there was only 7 of them they all got to do their solos again but didn't have another interview other physical. They were told on the day that they would hear shortly of an outcome.

well he had an email today thanking him for attending and that they could not offer him a place at the moment and that he would be placed on the reserve list!!

He is absolutely gutted. Was thinking of emailing hem back to ask if they could give any indication as to where he was on the reserve list, do you think that would be ok to Do this??

Has anyone else heard from them?? Xx

• Like 1

Oh dear, sorry to hear that joemill and debs. Wonder if anyone got an offer after the recall. I phoned and heard that they have had a higher take up on offers this year than previously so maybe less to go round than anticipated at this point. There could be movement yet though as things shake down.

• Like 1

Yes joemill she did. 7, of I think 16, were asked to do their solos but obviously don't know how many of those girls were offered a place on the reserve list - could be all of them!

• Like 2

Waiting is very difficult I agree but don't lose hope just yet. Some students will be still awaiting news from other colleges and may well be holding multiple offers at this stage. I know Urdang still have a funding audition to go on 10th May and colleges like Laines and Performers have not offered their DADAs yet. Once the final college gives out their funded places then reserve lists tend to get moving. Not involved in this this year but good luck to all still waiting.

• Like 4

Ah thanks for the words of hope 2 dancersmum, it is the worst thing ever, I am constantly thinking about it and looking on sites for some info lol I am driving myself mad slowly ???? lol but like you say hopefully lists will start to move soon!! Xx

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry to hear you are still waiting to hear Joemill. We have not heard anything from Rambert though we followed up on the waiting list about a month ago and they recommended we take other offers if have them as there are so few people turning down their Rambert offers.  Hope there is still scope for something to work out for your dc.

• Like 1

I've heard nothing either but I do know 2 dancers that have quite recently turned down their offer of a place at Rambert and accepted elsewhere. When I phoned I was advised that there might be movement in July!!

• Like 2

Ah thank you Chaperone, it's been a long wait lol haven't heard anything from them, not even sure if they send out final no letters or emails?? Oh that sounds sort of promising Debs just have to keep hoping and finger crossed xxx

• Like 1

Really feel for everyone still waiting on reserve places.

It's the final week of term and the grad shows, so a very hectic time at the school right now. My guess is that they'll start sorting final arrangements from next week when all the students have gone. Might be a good time to call them then anyway X

• Like 2

Thanks ladies for the words of hope, we are hanging on for dear life lol yes thought it would be a busy week for them this week so maybe we will give them a call beginning of next week. We will be waiting till the bitter end ???? xxx

• Like 2

• 1 month later...