Culturebox to live stream Bordeaux Ballet in three Serge Lifar works, 28.10.14

France's Culturebox is planning a live stream of the Bordeaux Ballet under the leadership of Charles Jude (former POB Etoile under Nureyev who, if you didn't seen him dance live, you may have caught as the prince in the original cast DVD of Nureyev's '30's Hollywood' CINDERELLA with a very young Guillem) with a program of ballets by Serge Lifar. It will be streamed on Tuesday, October 28th.  The programme is to  include IcareL’après-midi d’un faune (credited to Lifar, after Nijinsky) and Suite en Blanc.(as was so brilliantly danced by ENB a some seasons back under a former management.) 

http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/live/danse/danse-classique/icare-hommage-a-lifar-a-lopera-national-de-bordeaux-191849 

Edited by Bruce Wall

Much thanks for letting me know, Petunia.  The link must of got mangled in copying it over.  Let's have another go:

http://culturebox.francetvinfo.fr/live/danse/danse-classique/icare-hommage-a-lifar-a-lopera-national-de-bordeaux-191849  

Just checked and that (happily) seems to work.  

You can see I posted this item at 3.20 am .... You can perhaps blame that particular failure on my having to prepare accounts (for the auditing accountant - how ironic -) for the Charity I am responsible for.  To be read:  NOT my favourite job ... BY A LONG SHOT.  Indeed, can't wait to be shot of it .... not the job - just the account prep ... (Have come to think of that process as 'an annual horror' .... but then I have been doing it for the better part of 20 years. .... What I think of as 'the real work' - the creative work on the ground as t'were - I absolutely adore  :)  

As ever, the rough comes with the smooth.  :)   Why do I think Sergey Mikhaylovich might well have understood that?  ... :)   .... 

Now where are those wings I can crush under my own arms?  :) 

Edited by Bruce Wall