The new ROH website

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure it'll be very nice when it's finished, but oughtn't they to be getting around to putting all the rest of the stuff back by now? At least they're now crediting the dancers, but where have the bios gone?

How stupid: the casting for Ballo della Regina and La Sylphide isn't even shown together, as if they weren't even part of the same bill.

Alison, if you click on the underlined words under the heading Double Bill to the right of the casting information about Ballo or Sylphide respectively the casts for both ballets appears together (principal parts only).

Alison, if you click on the underlined words under the heading Double Bill to the right of the casting information about Ballo or Sylphide respectively the casts for both ballets appears together (principal parts only).

That's a really crummy way of displaying the casting. This site has a very long way to go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The site is a good deal easier to use than it is given credit for. Try this:

- enter the website

- click on "what's on". The calendar will appear.

- you can choose a month to view by clicking on the months and arrows on the top right of the calendar

- the name of the month you are viewing will appear top left of calendar

- click on the name of the month,eg. June, and all the performances/ dates for the month will appear

- click on any particular production, eg. Pagodas, and you will get a complete list of dates and castings for that production as well as an option to buy

- click on "buy" and the seating plan will appear

Simples, as the meerkat would say.

Edited to correct typo.

Edited by Wulff

The site is a good deal easier to use than it is given credit for. Try this:

- enter the website

- click on "what's on". The calendar will appear.

- you can choose a month to view by clicking on the months and arrows on the top right of the calendar

- the name of the month you are viewing will appear top left of calendar

- click on the name of the month,eg. June, and all the performances/ dates for the month will appear

- click on any particular production, eg. Pagodas, and you will get a complete list of dates and castings for that production as well as an option to buy

- click on "buy" and the seating plan will appear

Well, that's new. It's never done that when I clicked on "What's On" before. I suppose if I wait 5 minutes it may deign to show me some pictures, too.

Thanks, Wulff.

- I can't see how you can move up to the very back of the amphitheatre: there doesn't seem to be any sort of up/down arrow that I can see;

I now see they've split the amphi into main and sides, so you can see the entire amphi, but only in two goes.

Now they need to deal with the colour coding ...

I've just had a look at the amphi plan, and although the screen is not responding very well today you can still see the whole width of the amphi by using the zoom button, bottom left. You can also drag the plan in any direction you want by using the cursor and holding down the left click button on your mouse.

I now see they've split the amphi into main and sides, so you can see the entire amphi, but only in two goes.

Now they need to deal with the colour coding ...

And please remember that some of us are partially colour blind!

And please remember that some of us are partially colour blind!

Yes, that's true. I thought websites were obliged to make themselves fully accessible? 3 slightly different shades of green really doesn't cut it - even I can barely tell the difference.

I've just had a look at the amphi plan, and although the screen is not responding very well today you can still see the whole width of the amphi by using the zoom button, bottom left. You can also drag the plan in any direction you want by using the cursor and holding down the left click button on your mouse.

But you don't need to any more, that's my point.

These photos might put people off buying seats, some of the views are terrible!

On a good note I can now get the whole amphi up now minus the slips so will be able to click on any seat straight away, should save time on Tuesday, still dreading it though, presumably there is no waiting room any more?

These photos might put people off buying seats, some of the views are terrible!

Possibly, but at least they're now up-front about it. I suppose I can now make comparisons between, say, an amphi side seat and a similar one down in the balcony.

• 7 months later...

Could someone please remind me of the URL for the page which allows you to see the view from each of the seats in the auditorium (as opposed to the booking ones where you can only see what's currently available)? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having trouble getting on to the ROH website at the moment, or is it just me? It's on both my work PC and my laptop, and using both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Yet it looks as though John Mallinson at least can get on because he posted the apology about the booking disaster. I just got "Internet Explorer can't find the web page" and "oops, that page seems to be missing" or whatever FF says.

Is anyone else having trouble getting on to the ROH website at the moment, or is it just me? It's on both my work PC and my laptop, and using both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Yet it looks as though John Mallinson at least can get on because he posted the apology about the booking disaster. I just got "Internet Explorer can't find the web page" and "oops, that page seems to be missing" or whatever FF says.

Seems that this particular site is one of the old-fashioned type which don't like you leaving off the "www." at the beginning.  Hoping that's all it was, anyway.

I've asked both ENB and the ROH if we could please have bios of all dancers (including Artists) on their websites. "We are working on it for the future" was the reply.

Are they going 'back to the future' on that - seems that's been the quote since the site was revamped...

• Like 2

I've asked both ENB and the ROH if we could please have bios of all dancers (including Artists) on their websites. "We are working on it for the future" was the reply.

Let's hope they mean "in the very near future" and will not continue to giving us the same answer...next year! Really, how much effort is needed to put all the dancers's bio on the website? They do have them ready-to-print when needed for the programmes.