Things to do in Ghent/Bruges

BristolBillyBob

I would say the same for Bruges.  It is a beautiful city to wander around, people watch in the cafes and just take in the atmosphere and the chocolate stalls and shops!!!!

If you get the opportunity, Antwerp is not far on the train from Bruges and a similarly attractive city with the delights of Rubens' house too!

• Like 1

These threads of where to go and what to do are very useful, as I found in my requests for things to do in Paris.

I was wondering if they could be gathered together and kept somewhere, so that people can reference them in the future easily, rather than hunting back through the threads?

• Like 1

In Ghent the main attractions are the Van Eyck altarpiece in St Bavo Cathedral and the Castle of the Counts of Flanders, there's a very attractive park too with a little waterfall, but I don't remember what it's called.  Lots of interesting old architecture and the food is very good.  Yet to get to Bruges.

• Like 1

In Bruges, you should remember to look in all the nooks and crannies and if the ticket man tells you the Tower is closed, don't argue with him!

If you haven't seen the film 'In Bruges', you will now be scratching your head!

It is a  very violent and dark film,but also very funny and makes great use of the most attractive place that is Bruges. 

• Like 1

In Bruges, you should remember to look in all the nooks and crannies and if the ticket man tells you the Tower is closed, don't argue with him!

If you haven't seen the film 'In Bruges', you will now be scratching your head!

It is a  very violent and dark film,but also very funny and makes great use of the most attractive place that is Bruges. 

"You have this word, 'alcoves'?"

I'd be lying if I said that film wasn't the prime reason I'm checking out Bruges. :) What a movie! And what a screenplay - definitely deserved the BAFTA win and Oscar nod for the script. 

• Like 1