BOLSHOI in 2014-2015

• 2 weeks later...
FROM BOLSHOI TO BELFAST: THE THEATRE OF COSTUME (UK & IRISH PREMIERE)

Festival at the Queens.

A COLLECTION OF BALLET AND OPERA COSTUMES FROM BOLSHOI THEATRE

Tutu skirts in a prison cell? Yes, you’ve read that correctly. Bolshoi ballet is coming to Belfast’s Crumlin Road Gaol.

I learnt that one of the presenters there will be the soloist of the Bolshoi Ballet Olga Kishneva (née Stebletsova).

• 2 months later...

Yes and Osipova with Ed Watson a bit further on.

I thought the video was delightful.  Not sure the boys were a choir they looked more like debutante partners - I was watching a program on German TV last night about St Petersburg and there was gala of some sort for debutante like children at the Catherine Palace....at the end of the day they are kids trying their best to sing a foreign language and I thought they were really sweet.  A nice bit of Abba's Happy New Year at the end too:-)

• Like 1

Can any? I find you have to seek out a proper cathedral choir to hear really good singing by children.

They are subtitled as "Children's chorus of the Bolshoi Theatre". presumably they sing for the opera and for the children's choir in the Nutcracker snowflakes (please God they sing that in tune).

There are plenty of good non-church children's choirs. Here in Toronto we have at least three major ones. The Canadian Children's Opera Chorus sings for the Canadian Opera Company. Children can sing beautifully if they are taught well. Our expectations of them are often too low. Surely the BOLSHOI should be able to produce a tuneful children's choir.

• 1 month later...
The tandem of Declan Donellan and Radu Poklitaru (some would remember their “Romeo & Juliet” a few years ago) are at work again - staging “Hamlet”, which will have the opening night at Bolshoi on 11 March this year:

Edited by Amelia