time is running out

Tulip

Just to remind everyone, don't forget we haven't got much time left with this wonderful site, we all need to communicate with each other about what is going to happen. If you have all missed this site and are truly pleased to have it back then we all need to find out about how we can keep it running. I am really limited on the computer, but I do not mind paying a fee towards keeping this site running. I also don't want any of us to forget that Bruce and his team are doing us all a huge favour by giving us this extra bit of time to sort ourselves out. I missed not communicating with you all and finding out how your children were doing, so I hope that we can come up with some solution.

Hi i am in total agreement. We live over in Florida but am from the UK.I can't wait to see what is happening each day with everyones news, it keeps me going living so far away & it was the first thing I would look at each morning.I am more than happy to pay a contribution to help keep this wonderful & amazing site going. Please lets all try and get some sort of a plan together before it is to late!!!!!!!.

I don't want to be negative but it worries me when I remember what happened when we were asked for subscriptions last year!

I suppose we need to understand what the costs would be, how many 'members' there are and how the money would be raised - a fee to join? a monthly subscription? etc. I guess we need to wait and hear from the committee once they have some time to assess everything.

I hope that if there is any way to keep this fantastic forum open, we find it and suppport it :)

There is a forum run by our local ballet school (for the dancers and parents) and some parents/dancers are encouraged to be moderators for the site....we all work different hours and therefore can cover most hours of the day. As I understand it, a moderator keeps a very close watch on the posts and either takes any offensive material or spam off immediately or reports it to a 'tech' person. There is, of course, a different level of loggon involved.

Is this what you are after Bruce? A group of people to agree to be morderators? or is it the money thing?

Trudi

Edited to add that the hours involved are very small and in in very small chuncks of hours i.e. 2 hours 3 times a week.

Edited by Dragonlady

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Doing Dance Folks(!)

I just spotted a new post in the "Discuss this Forum/Site and Future Possibilities" forum:

http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/3-balletco-forum-available-again-plus-opportunity-to-discuss-future/page__view__findpost__p__2437

It's all relevant but this section particularly:

"The committee also notes that whilst "Doing Dance" is the most heavily used part of the forum we do not have the benefit of input from anyone who regularly posts in that section. If you do and would be willing to join us to assist in shaping the future direction of the forum, please let us know (it would be great if any willing to do so were based in or around London)."

More info and responses on that thread please, not this one. Thank you.

Just to add my own opinion,i would happily pay a subscription to see this site kept up and running. I only really look at the Doing Dance section;there is something real and exciting about it i think. There are familiar names who regularly contribute who i almost feel as if i know by now, and it`s fascinating following both them and their children on their journeys.I would be very sad if that communication with them all was lost.

• Like 2