Tring lower school dance audition date through!!!!

Busymum

Happymum I hope it went well today.

My DD had her audition on Monday. She said she enjoyed it and she felt it went well so now just to wait!!

Did they indicate to you how long the results would take? I asked on the way out and was told about 2 weeks but that wasn't by the teaching staff.

Good luck!!

• Like 1

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD managed not to cry at all today - tried very hard. I told her that after the audition we may cry this evening as much as we want!

She enjoyed the day, loved the dancing classes, smiled doing her solo (but said that she couldn't smile doing jazz routine ). Generally she said that she tried her best,could have done a bit better and smiled more but she thinks she did quite well.

We have been told by the member of staff that we should get the results in 4 weeks time .

Last year they had 9 MDS places to give out. However, they allocate them for year 7, 8 and 9. This changes each year. I believe that the previous year they only had 3 MDS places. It depends how many MDS students are leaving. Don't know how many were recalled for funding in total but my son was in a class of 15.

Happymum I'm glad your DD felt it went quite well and she enjoyed the audition.

4 weeks..... I hope it's not that long my nerves won't be able to take it!!

It does make sense though as the next audition isn't until 24th November so they may see everybody before making a decision.

Fingers crossed!

So my DD asked at school today. They received it on Friday so 2 days after auditions and they sent the reply by post today. But! If it was a letter it could have been sent before the auditions, or even if they liked my DD they still may offer her a waiting list or a place without funding - so no good. I've decided that it's better not to think about it (ha ha!) and just wait for the results - just 2 more weeks and 5 days :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just noticed that there are a couple more Junior Dance audition dates on Tring's website for January! I was just wondering if anyone who had early November auditions have received their result? Dd auditioned yesterday and we weren't given a time scale for results so I'm just trying to gage how long we may have to wait! Dd felt she danced her best but also felt there were others in the group who were much stronger, so not expecting a recall given the number of audition dates this year and the fact she's trying for a year 8 place, but it would be nice to find out prior to Christmas so she can move on and focus on the next goal if it's a no!
Good luck to all those waiting and to those still to audition!!

• Like 1

Our audition was on 5th November and we have been told that the wait will be up to 4 weeks. So theoretically we should receive the results not later then 3rd December - so one more week to go. But I recall that somebody on the forum said that last year they were late with their results. But I don't think we will need to wait until all the preliminary auditions are finished (I hope!)

Yes I don't think my nerves could take waiting until after the January auditions Happymum!
Ooh good luck to you all of you first audition candidates then Cantabile! I wonder if it will just be the early November auditions they'll send out or whether they'll send them out all in one go?! If it's about 4 weeks from each audition date I might just have to wait until after Christmas day to tell dd as I'd hate her to spend Christmas feeling upset!

My DD also auditioned in first week of Nov.

I rang the school today and was told they are hoping to post results out this week!

Well done for calling the school and thank you from all of us waiting for results :-)

So let's say they won't send it until Friday so we may get it on Saturday or Monday - should help we the wait.

Great news Busymum! You must be so proud and your DD so happy! You have finals at 2 schools and one is your first choice school - well done to your DD.

We didn't receive a letter today. But DD auditioned on 5th so maybe we need to wait a couple more days. Or maybe it's a "no" and they sent "yes" first. Who knows....

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone.

Happymum don't panic. I know somebody else who auditioned on the 5th and they didn't receive a letter today either.

Another DD who auditioned on the 3rd received her letter today even though it was a no so think it must have just been the first days results that went out.

Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow for you!!! Xx

Love reading all the excitement in the audition parts at the moment :)

Just for future info from my side - do you have to ask to be considered for a funding call back or is it something you get automatically?

There's no way I could afford to even consider looking at Tring as a main school looking at the cost of boarding.

How is it worked out etc?

Southerndancemum, when you complete the aplication form for Tring you have to tick a box to say whether you require funding or whether you don't. When your child auditions they then know whether they can offer an unfunded space straight away, whether they invite you back to a funding audition so that they can look at all the candidates together and assess where they have spaces, beds, etc or a refusal this time. The funding auditions are broken down into groups and you will then be told if you have funding straight away or if you are on a waiting list for funding. There is a lot of movement at this stage with children/parents choosing the place which best suits them. We were told via email the very next day after the funding audition.

For us, while getting to the funding audition was a great achievement, there was very little celebrating until after the funding audition. The MDS form requires you to put all earnings down, even down to interest on a current account, anything on a P11D etc. you qualify for some level of funding if your total income is up to £147k for boarding - no account is taken of expenditure.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2