Dance opportunities in Yorkshire

smallbythesea

Hi

As the title suggests, does anyone know of any dance opportunities in Yorkshire?

I am thinking opprtunities other than dance and associate classes. There seems to be postings for workshops/days of dance/EYB/NYB/ etc in the South of England,midlands and north west but very little in Yorkshire? Or do I just not know about them?

I think some exposure to other opportunities would be a great experience.

smallbythesea

(this is my first post so "Hello") I believe the EYB have been to York in the past and may be coming back in the future, also there are workshops etc at Northern ballet at Leeds. My dd attended the RBS JA for a day at The Yorkshire Dance Centre also at Leeds, so there are some things out there.

• Like 1

Hi Boogalou

I'm fairly new to this too. This is a fantastic forum!

I think EYB are back in York next year but there's no info as yet.

Can't find anything about workshops at Northern Ballet, I will have to look again.

Thanks for the Yorkshire Dance Centre, I will have a look at their website.

It was actually on the RBS website that I found out about the day at the centre, I think it's just a case of regularly checking all the dance websites, that's what I do, plus of course checking any posts on here. I've been following this forum for ages but just taken the plunge to join!

No direct experience of this but have heard good things about the following programme:

http://www.cecchetti...thern/index.php

based in Warrington.

Angela

Oops just realised my geography might be questionable here! (70ish miles) but do know people who travel that far (and further) for good associate opportunities so will leave on!

Edited by angela_stapleton

Hi

As the title suggests, does anyone know of any dance opportunities in Yorkshire?

I am thinking opprtunities other than dance and associate classes. There seems to be postings for workshops/days of dance/EYB/NYB/ etc in the South of England,midlands and north west but very little in Yorkshire? Or do I just not know about them?

I think some exposure to other opportunities would be a great experience.

smallbythesea

Hi and welcome to the forum. I am aware that the royal academy of dance even though based in london they also run workshops for children sometimes around yorkshire. If you visit their website their programme of events is on there for the rest of the year. My DD's attended their sleeping beauty workshops while we were in london and really enjoyed the experience. I am sure they have some things going on up north.

Ax

RAD for the past few years have run a childrens workshop in Bawtry, South Yorkshire for children up to 11/12. EYB tend to return to venues every 2 years but do add in new venues also. Birmingham Royal ballet have been expanding their venues for workshops but I doubt any new info will appear on their website for a while as their current 'sessions' do not end til end June. Cannot remember which venues they did this year - Manchester way and one north east I think. It really is just a case of keep checking websites.