Had my first class lesson after being in privates for so long....

CharlieChuck

I have a full post here with all the info, what we did as well as a few pictures. 

The fact I managed to get through the class without needing my inhaler (which I purposely left in my bag upstairs) or with taking a break was amazing. I managed to keep up but my battement degage is atrocious, I need to work on it as well as my leg height. I can get my leg at a 135 degree angle but can't hold it, it just drops back down to 90 degrees on my right leg and slightly lower on my left which is my weaker side. I have quite a flexible back but I've a big booty which I'm trying to shrink. Slowly getting there, some of my size 12-14 jeans are now too big. Size 16's which I was wearing a few months ago are now far to big, I'm so proud of myself. I've gone from 15st to 12.5 :)

Anyway, we also did chaines turns as well which has never been my strong point but I really need to work on my pas de bouree's and on another plus though I now nearly have a full 180 degree turn out, mainly in first and I'm not sickling as much when I go into second position but my 4th and 5th is much much better :)

Doing releves in my GM's has really helped me with more control over my alignment  and helped strengthen my ankles and turn outs. Going to use them just for that, I gave my newest pair to my mom to lock away until I earn my right to wear them again and use my other nearly worn out GM's to strengthen everything up a bit more. 

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves and thank you so much to all those that have helped me along the way so far. 

• Like 4

I wondered how you were getting on. I'm pleased that it's going well. I tried to access some of the posts on your blog but a little butterfly wouldn't let me!

What do you mean it wouldn't let you? The butterfly with the tiny little arrow on it is my arrow key, you just hover it over the link and click it :)

• Like 1