Leotard sizing questions

taxi4ballet

In order to not start a new topic i'll just ask here, if that's alright.

Can any of you tell me how Plume's adult leotard sizes come up? As far as I know the brand is exclusive to dancedirect and because of that you can't go into a store to try them on before buying (I detest returning items). I have quite a few Capezios to compare them to, as well as a Grishko and a Mirella one. Any experiences?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That may well.be the case inspite of me having believed otherwise ....this is because last year I had to get a similar style leotard to the others in my Dance Group who had Plume ones ....in Bloch because I needed an XL one

I think Plume leotards come up quite small? Will check.

YES! A friend brought some back from the UK but she ony had Adult Small. I got one for my 13-yr-old DD, who is average height but a size 6 and usually wears Child XL or Adult XS. I thought it might fit her next year but it fits her perfectly now!

Just be mindful when buying ballet leotards.

Many ballet programmes/classes/exams request cotton leotards only, even though the new microfibre leotards are favoured and loved by so many.

Sadly these are the leotards that don't fade in the wash and attract fluff. Thus look better for longer. Unlike cotton :(

Ha, we don't have a tumble-dryer either. If she needs her leo again the next day, she just 'airs' it overnight ;)

Re cotton, my biggest thing is that if they wear fleecy things on top, you get fluff, and it's invariably white fluff on a dark leo, and dark fluff on tights. So I'll take microfibre, and be glad we don't have set rules about fabric!

• Like 1

So I'll take microfibre, and be glad we don't have set rules about fabric!

I agree, however some exam boards request cotton and then auditions for some Vocational schools are the same. 

Colours can be lovely, especially plum/grape as the tone is warm in appearance, however the sweat patches aren't quite so attractive on the older students. :(