Queensland Ballet, La Sylphide, London August 2015

Did you also notice that the balcony - where seats are priced from £5 - is not currently open for the actual booking of any seats for ANY of the performances.   That makes the least expensive ticket now available for booking £30 for the back of the Upper Circle.  Oh, so family friendly that ... and danging the balcony's price differential as an unavailable incentive is - in my eyes - especially cruel.  Guess that also means that the poor (and here I proudly include myself) will have to wait for either the balcony to open (as in the O/V situation this summer which played - at least in my own sight - to a diminished return) or for the offers to come in as they inevitably will.  As to the former ... I fear such a plan may now backfire ... given that we all know that you can only 'cry wolf' so often.  

Dear Marketing Team at the Coliseum, you have - through your practical instruction - taught the UK poor (well, those happy few who are balletically inclined) to be patient.  Bless you.  I'm told your country's Welfare Department needs you (or certainly your skills gained through the hands of your instructing masters) now.  That may, of course, come as some succor to you given the fear that you may well be made redundant to help salve the Coliseum's ever burgeoning debt base.  Even here there may well be a light under your determined bushel.  :)  All I'm certain will be revealed in God's good time.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

How weird.  If I even attempt to book, I get the seating plan coming up.

Oh well, I wonder how many months it'll be before someone opens the Balcony for booking.  Or doesn't.  I love Schaufuss' Sylphide, but can't afford £30 for it, so if the prices don't drop below that I'll have to give it a miss - as I guess I'll also have to do if they put the last couple of rows of the Upper Circle at balcony prices :(

And don't forget that the Bolshoi is likely to be in London at the same time so it will be an expensive period of the year even paying the cheapest prices.

I simply don't understand why the Coliseum (and its user companies) seems largely to have abandoned the 'stand-by' ticket arrangement and prefers to have empty seats rather than let people pay a reduced rate on the day.

The Hochhausers are not bringing a Russian company next year.

When I read this I mused to myself:  'One of Putin's sanctions' .... but, no, even I doubt such would be anywhere near prime on his radar.  Would that ballet was deemed of such critical import ... then our dance world ...and the resources lavished upon it ... would, I think, be in quite a different sphere.  Who knows it might actually be united.  

And what was it Churchill said:  'Facts are better than dream."?   Not always methinks.